News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The liberal arts

Started by Ideologue, April 17, 2013, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worth a damn?  Obviously not, but U-DECIDE

Still taught in HS and financed as non-teaching college degrees (status quo)
18 (45%)
Still taught in HS, not financed as non-teaching college degrees
4 (10%)
Not taught in HS... then we don't need specialized teaching degrees, now do we?
2 (5%)
I believe that all education is a benefit to hahahaha just kidding who would vote for this option?
11 (27.5%)
Only fund such degrees as offered at JIB University
2 (5%)
Other
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

DGuller

Google "google".  Find out what it can be used for.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on May 03, 2013, 11:15:01 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 10:58:53 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2013, 10:56:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 10:52:47 AM
Actually wiki suggests you might call them Canadian singles or Canadian slices.

I dont know what that is either.  I have never heard the term used.

Well I'd also say getting snobby after a discussion of McDonald's is a little...out of place to say the least. ;)
When it comes to American cheese, it's not really snobbishness in play.  It's just a disdain for a truly horrible food-like product.  If you walk on the street and come across a dog turd, it's not really snobbish to avoid it instead of taking a bite out of it.

I just took away your American card. You are back to being a Slav.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2013, 11:19:44 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2013, 11:17:16 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 03, 2013, 11:06:40 AM
Kraft singles.

Ah, ok, I know what that is. 

Yeah heavily processed cheese.  Yummy.

We used to eat that when I was a kid and my parents couldnt afford real cheese.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2013, 11:16:32 AM
Since you used the term I would have expected that you would know what it meant.

Obviously. Also subsequent posts do show it is food snobbery (apparently mixed with ignorance) so suck it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2013, 11:18:03 AM
Quote from: DGuller on May 03, 2013, 11:15:01 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 10:58:53 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2013, 10:56:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 10:52:47 AM
Actually wiki suggests you might call them Canadian singles or Canadian slices.

I dont know what that is either.  I have never heard the term used.

Well I'd also say getting snobby after a discussion of McDonald's is a little...out of place to say the least. ;)
When it comes to American cheese, it's not really snobbishness in play.  It's just a disdain for a truly horrible food-like product.  If you walk on the street and come across a dog turd, it's not really snobbish to avoid it instead of taking a bite out of it.

I just took away your American card. You are back to being a Slav.

:hug:

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 11:23:40 AM
Since you used the term I would have expected that you would know what it meant.

Obviously. Also subsequent posts do show it is food snobbery (apparently mixed with ignorance) so suck it.

Now that I know what it is you are eating, you bet.  How can you eat that crap?

Caliga

It's as fake as Miracle Whip is, yet there are weirdoes around here who actually prefer Miracle Whip to real mayo. :yuk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 03, 2013, 11:29:18 AM
It's as fake as Miracle Whip is, yet there are weirdoes around here who actually prefer Miracle Whip to real mayo. :yuk:

Go fix your gun.

Caliga

It is in perfect working condition now. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I want a block of government cheese now.  :(

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2013, 11:25:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 11:23:40 AM

Now that I know what it is you are eating, you bet.  How can you eat that crap?

Because it can be tasty - especially when you get it from a deli and they slices it off the cheese block. I think I already said recently that cheese product clearly isn't the best but sometimes just get a hankering for basics.