And we're back!

Main Menu

Advice Wanted

Started by Zeus, May 08, 2013, 01:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

garbon

Sweatin me but I'm not your type
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

We needed just one more "don't you", but you couldn't just play along, could you?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 09, 2013, 03:18:51 PM
Trying toot is not a stupid risk.  It's not physically addictive.  It doesn't immediately start to kill your brain cells.

Unless you have a heart condition, sniffing coke is probably a risk worth taking if you feel like.  Smoking it less so, and IVing even less so.

Still, too much coke + too much alcohol is risky, since they create cocaethylene as a byproduct, which gets you higher but puts more strain on the old cardiovascular.  Not that it's very likely you'll be encountering coke if you aren't drinking to some extent already...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 09, 2013, 02:19:13 PM
CC's afraid to come to the US because everybody's packing. :yes:

There are certainly some parts of your country I would not visit.  Like 100 square miles of your gun nuts.

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 09, 2013, 03:36:09 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 09, 2013, 03:34:02 PM
I am incredibly petty and vain. :)

You probably think this thread is about you, don't you?

I don't know about that but it definitely should be.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 09, 2013, 04:18:37 PM

There are certainly some parts of your country I would not visit.  Like 100 square miles of your gun nuts.

Apparently they're leaving, though.

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 09, 2013, 04:14:55 PM
Trying toot is not a stupid risk.  It's not physically addictive.  It doesn't immediately start to kill your brain cells.

Unless you have a heart condition, sniffing coke is probably a risk worth taking if you feel like.  Smoking it less so, and IVing even less so.

Still, too much coke + too much alcohol is risky, since they create cocaethylene as a byproduct, which gets you higher but puts more strain on the old cardiovascular.  Not that it's very likely you'll be encountering coke if you aren't drinking to some extent already...

Trouble with coke is that you might really, really like it.  Even if it's not physically addictive, lots of people have fucked up their lives on cocaine.

Plus the risk it's been cut with something.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on May 09, 2013, 04:23:34 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 09, 2013, 04:14:55 PM

Trouble with coke is that you might really, really like it.  Even if it's not physically addictive, lots of people have fucked up their lives on cocaine.

Plus the risk it's been cut with something.

I think I mentioned I have actually used cocaine. :o

I was 13, and some idiot intern used it to stop a nosebleed that had gone on for hours :rolleyes: (Cocaine does constrict blood vessels in the nose)

That was a seriously miserable couple of hours for me.

The Brain

So the intern used cocaine.

Barrister

Eddie Teach

There isn't a part of this country that's not within 100 miles of a gun nut. Probably not a part of yours either.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 09, 2013, 04:42:30 PM

There isn't a part of this country that's not within 100 miles of a gun nut. Probably not a part of yours either.

I am pretty sure we have no gun nuts.  The phenomenon of the gun nut and US gun culture is pretty specific to the USA.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 09, 2013, 04:46:25 PM
I am pretty sure we have no gun nuts.  The phenomenon of the gun nut and US gun culture is pretty specific to the USA.

Sure, Canada has no gun enthusiasts like Iran has no homosexuals.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 09, 2013, 04:53:06 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 09, 2013, 04:46:25 PM

Sure, Canada has no gun enthusiasts like Iran has no homosexuals.

Sure we have gun enthusiasts.  But I would hardly characterize Malthus or people like him as a gun nut.  You have people saying they need guns to protect themselves from their government and assert that regulating gun rights is somehow a violation of a fundamental right.  That is a gun nut and you would be hard pressed to find such a person in a civilized country like Canada.