Any of you mooks ever hire a live-in nanny?

Started by Barrister, May 03, 2013, 02:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HVC

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 06, 2013, 09:53:41 AM
No pics yet? <_<
youre a married man!

Thus I'm sure you have plenty of experience if finding pictures of attractive women on the net :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on May 06, 2013, 08:39:19 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 03, 2013, 06:15:03 PM
Is it weird that now that the nanny is a "tyranny" people are actually asking for pics? :lol:

"Tyranny"?

Is that a form of government in which BB is ruled by a despotic tranny-nanny in his own home?  ;)
:lol: I blame the phone for that one.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Eddie Teach

I guess my post pointing out that typo was too subtle.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Yours was 3 pages back, I don't go back that far :D

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 10:12:46 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 06, 2013, 08:39:19 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 03, 2013, 06:15:03 PM
Is it weird that now that the nanny is a "tyranny" people are actually asking for pics? :lol:

"Tyranny"?

Is that a form of government in which BB is ruled by a despotic tranny-nanny in his own home?  ;)
:lol: I blame the phone for that one.

Hey, it's an entertaining addition to growing Langush memes - both BB's "Tyranny" and yours.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

derspiess

We had a couple Argentine volunteers to stay with us and help take care of the kids -- my wife's sister before she had her kid and my wife's cousin. 

As small as the house seems with 2 kids now, having 3 adults and 2 kids in the same house would be even more cramped.  Unless I finished part of the basement, I guess.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

AnchorClanker

My cousin was a live-in nanny in Boston and Maine for two surgeons - she loved it.  Nice family, the kids were good, they treated her well.  Since both spouses literally had pagers and were getting called out at all hours, they wanted to have some stability for the kids.  It worked out well for everyone, so she tells me.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Barrister

*bump*

Wife starts a new PT job.  We've hired a local girl as a PT nanny.  We'll see how it goes.

We're doing it above-board, and the paperwork is going to be a huga PITA. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PRC

For research purposes of my own in this realm Beeb... what kind of costs are you looking at for the nanny?  Ballpark only, not asking you to reveal what you're paying them, but I imagine daycare is $1,100-ish per child per month and my guess for a nanny watching three kids would be around $2,500 to $3,000 a month?

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on March 20, 2014, 12:25:56 AM
For research purposes of my own in this realm Beeb... what kind of costs are you looking at for the nanny?  Ballpark only, not asking you to reveal what you're paying them, but I imagine daycare is $1,100-ish per child per month and my guess for a nanny watching three kids would be around $2,500 to $3,000 a month?

Meh, I don't care.  We're paying her $12 per hour, but because my wife's new position is only part time, we're only paying her part time, so 40 hours every 2 weeks.  so that's roughly $960 per month, but I have to run the numbers to determine the final cost (since we're responsible for some CPP/EI payments because we're doing this above board).

Grey Fox

My ontario co-worker pays 3k/months for 2 children. His oldest is, 4, already in school saving him 1500/month.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 20, 2014, 09:37:21 AM

My ontario co-worker pays 3k/months for 2 children. His oldest is, 4, already in school saving him 1500/month.

Gadzooks.

Earlier we used a dayhome for our oldest, think it was more like $600 per month.