News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2013, 04:12:21 PM
I think it might be a good idea to go ahead and release the image of the suspect.  I'm pretty sure the real culprit has already gone "underground" and if he has half a brain he's assuming that they're on to him.  And I'm sure all the innocent people being pointed out in these pictures would appreciate their friends, neighbors & strangers treat them like suspects.

Ya think maybe the authorities might not want the bad guy knowing they know...

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 18, 2013, 04:13:58 PM
Ya think maybe the authorities might not want the bad guy knowing they know...

Would that make any difference at this point?  Like I said, if he has half a brain he's already acting as if they know.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Awful, I've been getting spam with phishing links that has a subject regarding Boston Marathon explosions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: merithyn on April 18, 2013, 03:28:29 PM
derspiess beat you to it, :)

Yes, yes he did.  But I've been waiting for almost a day to post that line. :P

derspiess

And they're releasing the images.  They identified a second guy.  First guy is darker skinned, possibly middle eastern, but the second guy looks white to me.

derspiess

They just told everyone to go to fbi.gov to get the pictures-- and the site has crashed :rolleyes:

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2013, 04:24:14 PM
And they're releasing the images.  They identified a second guy.  First guy is darker skinned, possibly middle eastern, but the second guy looks white to me.
Some dudes from that region have naturally pale skin.  My boss is Iranian and his skin is paler than mine, and I'm entirely of northern European ancestry myself. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2013, 04:29:31 PM
They just told everyone to go to fbi.gov to get the pictures-- and the site has crashed :rolleyes:

I noticed that too.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Queequeg

One of the weirdest moments of my life was the day I was moving out of my dorm room in Bloomington after a summer Russian workshop.  While I'm packing up to leave, the guy, a Russian-American, starts to explain that the Chechen war happened because Chechens are "n******".  This was late summer, and the dude was super, super tanned-way more tanned than any Caucasian I've ever met could get.  :lol:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 18, 2013, 04:36:10 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2013, 04:24:14 PM
Some dudes from that region have naturally pale skin.  My boss is Iranian and his skin is paler than mine, and I'm entirely of northern European ancestry myself. :)

I was going by his profile-- it looked more European than Semitic or whatever to me.  But the second time I looked on the video he did look maybe a little more non-European from the front.  Hopefully the pics will be clearer than they appeared during the briefing.

derspiess

merithyn

I predict that they will find that these two had nothing to do with the bombing. They're only "clue" is a similar black backpack. Hell, 4chan found how many people with similar backpacks?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on April 18, 2013, 04:46:49 PM
I predict that they will find that these two had nothing to do with the bombing. They're only "clue" is a similar black backpack. Hell, 4chan found how many people with similar backpacks?
That may or may not turn out to be the case.