Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

The FBI doesn't make mistakes. :mad:

"F... B... I."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

I was under the impression they had a video from the retail store showing him putting the bag down.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on April 18, 2013, 04:46:49 PM
I predict that they will find that these two had nothing to do with the bombing. They're only "clue" is a similar black backpack. Hell, 4chan found how many people with similar backpacks?

I thought they said they had one or both of them on video dropping their backpack & leaving it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

They also said they considered them armed & dangerous, so no tackling unless you're Marti.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

If that's the case, that was not mentioned during the press conference, nor is it being reported by Reuters. The only thing mentioned is that the first guy has a backpack a lot like the black one that held the first bomb.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

They look like jihadists.  Or Boston College undergrads.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on April 18, 2013, 04:58:04 PM
If that's the case, that was not mentioned during the press conference, nor is it being reported by Reuters. The only thing mentioned is that the first guy has a backpack a lot like the black one that held the first bomb.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned during the press conference.

edit: Yep, rewatched the briefing and they said Suspect 2 set down a backpack right at the spot of one of the explosions.  He said it early-on so if you joined in progress you might have missed it.

jimmy olsen

Breaking news at NBCnews.com, no other information yet.

EDIT: Seems they're lagging. Here's some info
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/theres-shooter-loose-and-officer-down-mit/64379/

QuoteUpdated 11:21 p.m.: MIT issued an emergency alert at 10:48 on Thursday night reporting shots fired on the university campus. MIT's school newspaper, The Tech, reports, "Shots fired near 32 Vassar St (Stata Center), police officer down. Please stay inside." That report is backed up by CBS News's Bonney Kapp who reports hearing "officer down" on the police scanner just before the MIT alert went out. The Tech followed up a few minutes later, reporting that the injured officer was from MIT Police and was being taken to Mass. General Hospital. For now, details are scarce, but the suspect is on the loose and considered armed and extremely dangerous.

Police are on the scene and searching for the suspect, while the university's ordered all students and staff to remain indoors. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

One MIT officer down, taken to Mass General.  May be related to an armed robbery at a nearby 7-11 that occurred around the same time.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/theres-shooter-loose-and-officer-down-mit/64379/

Edit: dammit, Tim. <_<

CountDeMoney

Neil

Should be armed guards at every 7-11.  Hooray for freedom!
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on April 18, 2013, 11:15:47 PM
Should be armed guards at every 7-11.  Hooray for freedom!

there usually is....the clerk
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.