News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

1r, 2m to Szigetvar (sic) to join Zrinyi

added HRE home card choice, HRE religious preference and spanish mercs which I sent to madrid.

did the betrothals as well

Solmyr next
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2013, 04:58:33 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2013, 02:37:05 PM
Also, what did we just learn in the last game about everyone falling all over themselves to make life easier for Spain? :P

The HRE, at least, seems to have learned--they didn't give Spain an alliance for free.

The French, on the other hand...

It applies to you too. :P Ottomans peace with Spain on turn 1 -> Spain smacks down the Protestants and English.

I have no SD anyhow, so you are up to play.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 13, 2013, 09:15:39 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2013, 04:58:33 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2013, 02:37:05 PM
Also, what did we just learn in the last game about everyone falling all over themselves to make life easier for Spain? :P

The HRE, at least, seems to have learned--they didn't give Spain an alliance for free.

The French, on the other hand...

It applies to you too. :P Ottomans peace with Spain on turn 1 -> Spain smacks down the Protestants and English.

I have no SD anyhow, so you are up to play.

He didn't peace out.

I refer to the post below this.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote#57: 4 / Irish Rebellion
Message from Ottoman:
For CPs :

1/4 - Build Corsair in Algiers.
2/4 - Naval move. Dragut's fleet to Barbary Coast. Piyale Pasha's fleet to Aegean Sea.
3-4/4 - Piracy against Spain in Barbary Coast.

To Spain to resolve, then play.  Spain also owes me a treasure.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Sink a corsair, then the pirates whiff

Spain: Play Card as Operations

#58: 4 / Jeanne of Navarre [RESPONSE]
Play as an event to start a rebellion in France as if 5 CP were spent. In addition, displace any non-Protestant units from Bayonne, and place that space under Protestant control adding 1 Huguenot regular there. OR Play as a response to cancel play of the Gouvernante of France home card. Remove from deck after play as either variant.

Message from Spain:
2/4: Galley in Genoa
4/4: Galley in Messina
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Also, should I re-draw the treasures so we don't actually all know what they are? At least the ones on the map?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Treasure given. I took ownership of the on board treasures (again). Not sure how they became unowned again.

0 rows returned

Viking

Maximus

I was out of internet coverage yesterday.

Hawkins and a colony to Guinea Coast

ulmont

"#67: 3 / Spanish Pay Ships Seized
Not playable by Spain. The Spanish player must remove 2 regulars under his control from spaces in the Netherlands. 2 Spanish mercenaries may be removed instead of each regular if desired. Power playing card draws a new card from the deck. Remove from deck if played as event."

Message from France:
1+1 to Paris.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Draw Extra Strategy card
Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Patron of the Arts

Play Patron of the Arts to Patronize Palladio

Solmyr

Protestants: Play Card as Operations

#14: 1 / Signal Fires [RESPONSE]
Play just before attempting an intercept roll with a stack of your naval units currently in one of your home ports. The intercept automatically succeeds. Roll 2 extra dice in the naval battle that ensues.

Message from Protestants:
1/1 Laudonniere & colony to Guinea Coast.

Btw, any free Protestant conversion attempts will be gratefully accepted, because otherwise there's absolutely nothing I can do to Spain this turn.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 14, 2013, 01:52:52 PM
Protestants: Play Card as Operations

#14: 1 / Signal Fires [RESPONSE]
Play just before attempting an intercept roll with a stack of your naval units currently in one of your home ports. The intercept automatically succeeds. Roll 2 extra dice in the naval battle that ensues.

Message from Protestants:
1/1 Laudonniere & colony to Guinea Coast.

Btw, any free Protestant conversion attempts will be gratefully accepted, because otherwise there's absolutely nothing I can do to Spain this turn.

No defense against a crappy hand. BTW, I did my bit, moving the french army to metz and promising eternal peace and friendship with the ottoman, freeing him up against the spanish.

But do think happy thoughts, you have your home card plus three undefended keys you can easily revolt in (though converting amsterdam will have to happen first).

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on April 14, 2013, 02:02:38 PM
But do think happy thoughts, you have your home card plus three undefended keys you can easily revolt in (though converting amsterdam will have to happen first).

That might be the problem. I feel like I'm you. :P

Habbaku

QuotePlay Ottoman Tribute HC for CPs :

1/5 - Naval move.  Dragut's fleet to Gulf of Lyon.
2-3/5 - Piracy against Spain in GoL.

Spanish galley in Genoa misses its anti-piracy roll.  Ottomans get 1 piracy hit in GoL (Spain can give a card, a VP or sink the galley in Genoa).

Quote4-5/5 CPs - Build Galley in Finica.

Spend 1 CP treasure to extend impulse :

1/1 - Influence Venice to 3.

Berkut's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien