Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2013, 05:00:38 PM
lemme get this right.. Berkut, so far you have played

4/ Jean of Navarra
4/ Belgic Confessions
5/ Holy League

This hand seems to be as good as  Solmyr's seems to be poor.

This is fantastic, my luck has rubbed off on solmyr... I sort of regret playing the pro-protestant secret status now...

Well, you are very conveniently forgetting that I played a 2 CP card as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2013, 05:22:18 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2013, 05:00:38 PM
lemme get this right.. Berkut, so far you have played

4/ Jean of Navarra
4/ Belgic Confessions
5/ Holy League

This hand seems to be as good as  Solmyr's seems to be poor.

This is fantastic, my luck has rubbed off on solmyr... I sort of regret playing the pro-protestant secret status now...

Well, you are very conveniently forgetting that I played a 2 CP card as well.

you did, which one?

edit: yeah, pretty much the best 2cp card you could get short of dragut falls
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

A 2 CP card that snatched one of the best 4 CP cards...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2013, 06:16:13 PM
A 2 CP card that snatched one of the best 4 CP cards...

So, even the 2 cp card was a 4 cp card.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Played Government of France to add a bonus to Elizabeth de Valois' wedding to Philip; drew another card.

Haps is up to play or pass.

Viking

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#11: 2 / Dragut Falls [RESPONSE]
Play just after a stack containing Dragut has been involved in a combat or piracy attempt. After finishing the combat or piracy procedure, roll a die. On a roll of 4, 5, or 6, eliminate Dragut from the game (place Uluch Ali with the leaders entering next turn). On a 1, 2, or 3, place Dragut on the Turn Track; he reenters play next turn. OR Play if Spain controls the Djerba/Tripoli space. Eliminate Dragut from the game, place Uluch Ali with the leaders entering next turn, and award 1 War Winner VP to Spain. Remove card from play if Dragut is eliminated.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
2/2 Regular to Pressburg

at least my hand is better than Solmyr's

Viking

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Berkut

Home card for 5 CPs:

Spain: Message
1/5: Naval Move
3 Sq to Tyyrhenian Sea
1 Galleon to Atlantic Ocean
2/5: Naval Move
3 Sq to Gulf of Lyon
Galleon to Gibraltar

Over to Jeromey to run/resolve

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Resulting naval battle leaves a dead Spanish galley and unscathed pirates.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

That went well.

4/5: Build Walloon in Brussels
5/5: Venice to 3

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Max, from a tactical standpoint, it makes no sense to build another galleon in Portsmouth if you're not expecting to be attacked any time soon.  Naval units count as Protestant/Catholic units and building them in separate ports will grant that specific port a strong defense against opposing religious conversions.

-J. R. R. Tolkien