News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on April 15, 2013, 10:08:56 AM
I don't seem to be getting game files. And since players aren't describing their moves it makes it hard to play.

HEY! I describe my moves.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

I don't seem to be getting game files. And since players aren't describing their moves it makes it hard to play.

1) Do you have an alternate email other than the one on ACTS, since I see that the latest move file (9:27a Eastern) was sent to that one?

2) ACTS has the master record of what people are doing in the journal, but all of the last round of impulses seem to be described here...

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on April 15, 2013, 10:38:39 AM

1) Do you have an alternate email other than the one on ACTS, since I see that the latest move file (9:27a Eastern) was sent to that one?

2) ACTS has the master record of what people are doing in the journal, but all of the last round of impulses seem to be described here...

that would explain why he never replied to any of my diplomatic missives, I sent them to his address in ACTS

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

There was something funny with my email. they're showing now.

England: Play Card as Operations
#20: 5 / Eloquent Ambassador
Gain 3 CP of diplomatic influence with any power(s) you desire. Then select one power and resolve its diplomatic status (it may be a power on which influence was just placed).

Message from England:
4/5 patronize Dee
5/5 naval move, Hawkins moves to South Atlantic, drops colony in Rio de Janiero

Re: describing moves. It helps to plan your next move when you don't have access to cyberboard if you get a description of what the other players' moves are.

In this case I didn't know where the protestant colony had gone or which option Spain had taken and where they placed the fortress etc.

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2013, 11:04:14 AM
that would explain why he never replied to any of my diplomatic missives, I sent them to his address in ACTS
No, that was because you rescinded your offer before I was done with other diplo.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on April 15, 2013, 11:16:40 AM

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2013, 11:04:14 AM
No, that was because you rescinded your offer before I was done with other diplo.

I recinded it when Habbaku started declaring his diplomacy. However, given your history of not replying when you really mean "no" I think I was doing you a favor in telling you at all.

ulmont

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#52: 2 / Foxe's Book of Martyrs
Switch 2 spaces in England from Catholic religious influence to Protestant. Then take 5 Protestant Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in France, Netherlands and/or Scotland.

Message from France:
1 regular to Rouen.

File sent.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#30: 3 / Ruler Falls Ill
Play against any other major power. Choose to have that power either: -- discard one card (chosen at random), or -- skip his next impulse and allow you to return one of his army leaders to his capital (or another home fortified space he chooses if the capital is under siege or controlled by another power).

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
1/3 Merc in Pressburg
3/3 Galley in Trieste

Solmyr Next

Solmyr

Played Zeal for conversions in France and Netherlands.

2 major, 2 minor, 1 unrest in France: Paris & Calais with majors, Poitiers and Cognac with minors, unrest in Paris.

2 major, 3 minor, 1 unrest: Antwerp & Brussels with majors, Amsterdam/Alkmaar/Rotterdam with minors, unrest in Brussels.

Habs up.

Habbaku

Attempt to dig the Suez with my other home card fails.  No file.  Off to Berkut.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations
#24: 5 / Holy League
Playable by any power eligible to have diplomatic influence with the Papacy, Venice or Holy Roman Empire (if not a player power). Not playable if Ottoman VP are below 13. Gain 4 influence dividing it as desired between these powers and then resolve the diplomatic status of any two of these powers.

Message from Spain:
1/5: Remove unrest in Brussels
2/5: Move 1r from Brussels to Antwerp
3/5: Move 1 Walloon from Antwerp to Brussels
5/5: Patronize artist

Spain: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from Spain:
1-3: Titian
4-6: Bautista

Titian selected.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

lemme get this right.. Berkut, so far you have played

4/ Jean of Navarra
4/ Belgic Confessions
5/ Holy League

This hand seems to be as good as  Solmyr's seems to be poor.

This is fantastic, my luck has rubbed off on solmyr... I sort of regret playing the pro-protestant secret status now...

Solmyr

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2013, 09:49:04 AM
Why is everyone worrying so much about Spain to begin with?

I think my Spain traumatized people in the last game.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 15, 2013, 05:03:31 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2013, 09:49:04 AM
Why is everyone worrying so much about Spain to begin with?

I think my Spain traumatized people in the last game.

What was especially traumatic again and again is that you used 2 cp to cancel my entire hand again and again.

Solmyr

Got +1 card marker from jilt. Someone put it on my power card please, as I'm skipping the rest of the turn due to no cards.

Maximus

Played virgin queen to jilt Arran. File sent, includes protestant marker