News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on April 11, 2013, 11:01:09 AM
England offers the betrothal of Elizabeth to the Earl of Arran.
England will accept a card draw from the Protestants

You do know that, assuming you jilt

You trade Virgin Queen for a random Card

The Protestants trade random card for a jilt bonus
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on April 11, 2013, 06:17:45 PM
Quote from: Maximus on April 11, 2013, 11:01:09 AM
England offers the betrothal of Elizabeth to the Earl of Arran.
England will accept a card draw from the Protestants

You do know that, assuming you jilt

You trade Virgin Queen for a random Card

The Protestants trade random card for a jilt bonus

He gets another card from play of Virgin Queen to jilt.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

So acts isn't sending me email notifications for some reason. I'll return the card as soon as I figure out which the second one is

Berkut

Yeah, ACTS is kind of borked at the moment. But still usable.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Btw, if you get an error after doing something in ACTS, don't refresh the page, as it will do the same thing again. That's what caused me to give two cards to Max.

Habbaku

Still waiting on Spain to declare war...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Yea, you can go back to the main page and refresh it though. Anyway card returned.

Solmyr

Gave card to HRE now. Anyway, Protestants have no DOW and no SD, obviously.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Going to assume England is happy with its current war (vs. France).  I think it's safe to assume France isn't declaring on anyone, either.

Viking?

Assuming no HRE DoW (France and Ottomans are possible, but unlikely)...Spanish SD?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 12, 2013, 03:46:54 PM
Going to assume England is happy with its current war (vs. France).  I think it's safe to assume France isn't declaring on anyone, either.

Viking?

Assuming no HRE DoW (France and Ottomans are possible, but unlikely)...Spanish SD?

Given my magic DOW card, if all my neighbors are at war with somebody assume no DOW from me.

If I want to dow in that situation I'll try to do it in order, but I'll make sure either france or protestants know to wait on me.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

ulmont