Game of Thrones: Which claimant do you support?

Started by Martinus, April 02, 2013, 12:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which claimant to the Iron Throne do you support (third season status)?

Daenerys Stormborn
21 (47.7%)
Joffrey Baratheon-Lannister
2 (4.5%)
Stannis Baratheon
11 (25%)
Other
10 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Admiral Yi

Um, someone remind me who the Tyrells are?  The Titsuckers?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2013, 02:39:59 PM
Um, someone remind me who the Tyrells are?  The Titsuckers?

Loras and Margaery and company
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2013, 02:44:48 PM
Stannis's gay brother's wife and lover.  Those people.

10-4

Bumboy and Beard.

Martinus

It is probably mainly because of Natalie Dormer, but it just occurred to me that GRRM may be channeling Boleyns with Tyrells.

Of course, he is also channeling Boleyns with Lannisters. :P

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 02, 2013, 02:50:47 PM
It is probably mainly because of Natalie Dormer, but it just occurred to me that GRRM may be channeling Boleyns with Tyrells.

I am trying to think of one similarity between them....yeah I got nothing.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Martinus on April 02, 2013, 02:50:47 PM

Of course, he is also channeling Boleyns with Lannisters. :P
I'd say the Woodvilles are a closer bet for the Lannisters.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 02, 2013, 10:30:46 AM
Incidentally, Sheilbh has been displaying this tendency consistently so it is more of a running joke between us. How about you let him respond rather than white-knighting about something you have no idea about.
Feel free to use the PM features if you don't want other people responding to your posts, fag.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on April 02, 2013, 11:46:45 AM
I love how Stannis and Danny seem to be tied for the most part of this poll, and they outrank everybody else by a mile.
most people figure that, if they haven't died and been reborn up to now, they are likely to survive to whole ordeal 'til the very end.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

Quote from: fahdiz on April 02, 2013, 12:23:47 PM
All this redaction! Are we talking about Wikileaks? :)

Well, it is necessary because of [spoiler]Never gonna give you up, [/spoiler] and [spoiler]Never gonna let you down [/spoiler], and if we didn't [spoiler]Never gonna run around and desert you[/spoiler] then [spoiler]Never gonna make you cry, [/spoiler]. So [spoiler]Never gonna say goodbye [/spoiler] and if that isn't possible then [spoiler]Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you [/spoiler]. If you got this far then the only decent thing for you to do is [spoiler]admit that you've just been rick-rolled.[/spoiler]. I do know that this relevant as of 2009 but, hey, shit happens.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on April 02, 2013, 03:12:24 PM

Well, it is necessary because of [spoiler]Never gonna give you up, [/spoiler] and [spoiler]Never gonna let you down [/spoiler], and if we didn't [spoiler]Never gonna run around and desert you[/spoiler] then [spoiler]Never gonna make you cry, [/spoiler]. So [spoiler]Never gonna say goodbye [/spoiler] and if that isn't possible then [spoiler]Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you [/spoiler]. If you got this far then the only decent thing for you to do is [spoiler]admit that you've just been rick-rolled.[/spoiler]. I do know that this relevant as of 2009 but, hey, shit happens.

I think you mean like '07/'08 but thanks for keeping a child-like sense of wonder alive. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2013, 03:19:09 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 02, 2013, 03:12:24 PM

I think you mean like '07/'08 but thanks for keeping a child-like sense of wonder alive. :P

I was guessing. But then again, thanks for admitting that [spoiler]you were Rick Rolled[/spoiler]
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: Maximus on April 02, 2013, 02:37:46 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 02, 2013, 01:52:29 PM
Joffrey is a nasty little shit, but his arc suggests a destiny of being dominated by the Tyrells, and there are a lot worse options out there than a Tyrell-dominated imperium.
The Lannisters have done a piss-poor job of reining Joffrey in. Hard to believe the Tyrells would be more successful.

"The Lannisters" in this case is Cersei, who never even tried to rein him in. If Tywin or Jaime were there to keep him on a leash, they would have done much better. Tyrion had some success but he couldn't do it by himself.