News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: ulmont on December 12, 2009, 02:20:15 PM
Did you patch IN to 3.2, I know the option wasn't before then?

Yep, I am patched up to date.

dps

Here's a fun fact about the new patch.

They split Slesvig and Holstein into 2 province.  But then they put Holstein far enough south that Hamburg is now inland, and no longer a port.

jimmy olsen

So, getting IN is recommended?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 13, 2009, 02:08:39 AM

If you are going to play EUIII, yes.  I haven't played without it but the word on the street is that it makes it a much different, and better game.

Tamas

Absolutely, then buy the new expansion as well.

I have been betatesting it and wanted to stay silent, but HttT is another huge step forward for the game, just like IN was. Completly re-addicted me to the game.

Zanza

Looking at the dev diaries, Heir to the Throne looks really interesting. I think I'll buy that. I really liked the way EU3 developed. Making the HRE more fun is good enough for me to buy this.

dps

I really want to get HttT, but on the other hand, I really don't want to give Paradox any more of my money.

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on December 13, 2009, 04:14:39 AM

I have been betatesting it and wanted to stay silent, but HttT is another huge step forward for the game, just like IN was. Completly re-addicted me to the game.

Wow. You have Johans dick so far down your throat he must be tonsil fucking you
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HisMajestyBOB

I like the look of HTTT, but I like Magna Mundi too much. I'm not sure if I can go back to vanilla while waiting for them to port it, and I don't want to keep two installs of EU3 on my computer.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on December 14, 2009, 12:55:58 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 13, 2009, 04:14:39 AM

Wow. You have Johans dick so far down your throat he must be tonsil fucking you

Just because they fucked up HOI3 and they're gonna fuck up Vick 2, it doesn't mean they did not succeed with EU3.

No one who did not like IN is gonna like HttT, but if you did enjoy playing IN, you simply have to buy the new expansion as well.

jimmy olsen

Gamersgate isn't accepting my credit card. :unsure:

Not sure why, I just checked and bought a $6 book from Baen.com so it's working.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: dps on December 14, 2009, 12:43:56 AM
I really want to get HttT, but on the other hand, I really don't want to give Paradox any more of my money.

Indeed.  I already bought EUIII "Complete" so this should be a free download.

dps

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 14, 2009, 04:31:17 AM
Quote from: dps on December 14, 2009, 12:43:56 AM

Indeed.  I already bought EUIII "Complete" so this should be a free download.

No, that's not quite what I was getting at.  It's just that right now, I'm pissed off at the attitude that they seem to have toward their customers (see the Vicky 2 thread) and I really don't want to support them any more.

Camerus

I don't see how releasing an additional expansion is an eff you to their fans.  Their Vicky 2 antics, sure, but this?  It seems clear they didn't plan on making an additional expansion, but then there seemed to be demand for one, and then they did.  I'd be happy if any developers made an expansion for any other game I enjoy.

That being said, most of P'dox's products have sucked over the past few years.  EU3 was okay, but it was a letdown after EU2.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2009, 04:24:12 AM
Gamersgate isn't accepting my credit card. :unsure:

Not sure why, I just checked and bought a $6 book from Baen.com so it's working.

Some companies won't let you buy downloadable games if your current ISP country doesn't match your billing address. I've had this problem before with Steam, Impulse, and Direct2Drive, but never Gamersgate. One way around it is to use Paypal; this sometimes works. The other way is to just email the store and explain your problem.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help