News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I am always happy to buy an expansion for this game and I hope they keep them coming.

ulmont

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Actually, everything I'm reading on the Paradox forums (biased, I know, but still) makes me think this expansion is going to be great... especially the events which are inspired by The Shining  :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on December 11, 2009, 04:17:57 PM
Actually, everything I'm reading on the Paradox forums (biased, I know, but still) makes me think this expansion is going to be great... especially the events which are inspired by The Shining  :lol:

No reason why it shouldn't. EU3 keeps getting better with each patc expansion
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on November 24, 2009, 11:23:09 AM
Forgot all about the fact you can turn pirates off with IN. :mad:

How do you turn pirates off?

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 12, 2009, 01:16:19 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 24, 2009, 11:23:09 AM
Forgot all about the fact you can turn pirates off with IN. :mad:

How do you turn pirates off?
Depends on the version.  In the earlier version, you set their technology to Native American in the save game.  In the latest version, you delete their faction from some file and from your save game.

Josephus

Nah, I think in IN or NA there's an option in the options tab.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Quote from: Josephus on December 12, 2009, 01:34:43 PM
Definitely not in IN.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on December 12, 2009, 01:34:43 PM

Cant find one in IN.

ulmont

Did you patch IN to 3.2, I know the option wasn't before then?

DGuller

I'm on the last beta 3.2 patch.  Are you saying that the official 3.2 patch actually introduces the clickable option to disable the pirates?

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on December 12, 2009, 02:21:53 PM
I'm on the last beta 3.2 patch.  Are you saying that the official 3.2 patch actually introduces the clickable option to disable the pirates?

I have heard you could but I can't find it on any of the Options menus.

Has anyone tried the HTTT demo yet?  I DL'ed it but haven't had time to install or play it yet.

Josephus

Well someone told me there was one. I guess that's why I forgot it was there. There doesn't seem to be a "turn pirates option off" option, which is unfortunate. :mad:

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on December 12, 2009, 02:35:46 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 12, 2009, 02:21:53 PM

I have heard you could but I can't find it on any of the Options menus.

Yeah, me neither.  I guess you're back to the editing option.