News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

QuoteST. LOUIS (AP) -- Titus Young's stay with the Rams was brief. The wide receiver has been placed on waivers after only a few days in St. Louis.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Friday the Rams picked up Young before they had much time to do any background checks. He concluded that Young was ''not the best option'' for the Rams.

''We saw Titus as an outstanding young player,'' Fisher said. ''We spent time with him, we spent probably four or five days with him. We decided it was best for us to go in a different direction.''

Young was banished three times by the Lions last year because of his behavior, including once for punching teammate Louis Delmas. He recently lashed out at the team on Twitter, posting ''If y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats.''

Still, the Rams felt Young, a second-round draft pick in 2010 out of Boise State, was worth a look. Young caught 48 receptions with six touchdowns as a rookie, but his production dropped last year to 33 catches and four touchdowns.

Fisher said the decision to waive Young had nothing to do with the player's health.

''We claimed him so we could have his undivided attention,'' Fisher said. ''We went through an extended interview process.''
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Yeah, I didn't think that was going to work.  Fisher isn't quite Belichick in terms of putting up with shit, but he's close.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Desmond Bryant of the Raiders arrested for mischief on Sunday in Miami.  (and no, not Dez Bryant of the Cowboys).

Here's his mugshot.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Nice going, Neckbeard McSwollentongue.
and the horse you rode in on

katmai

Desmond Trufant (CB UDUB) ran 4.38 40 cementing his 1st rd status it seems.
Bummed as good for him, but if had stayed down in mid 2nd better chance of him to Niners.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Best argument I've heard yet on local sports radio from the anti-Flacctites--

"Who says Flacco deserves that money?  We won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer too, ya know."  :lol:

sbr

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2013, 07:06:23 AM
Best argument I've heard yet on local sports radio from the anti-Flacctites--

"Who says Flacco deserves that money?  We won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer too, ya know."  :lol:
It's not that good an argument.  Dilfer won the Superbowl by handing off the ball, hitting the occasional long pass, and scoring 17 points a game to allow the greatest defence in NFL history to shut things down.  Flacco did it by outscoring the enemy with devastating deep throws.

Still, hopefully Flacco will take a page out of Brady's deal.  Not quite to that extent (Joe's wife isn't pulling down eight figures), but taking a discount on your salary to win.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

Glazer reporting Alex Smith to the Chiefs.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on February 27, 2013, 09:10:03 AM
Still, hopefully Flacco will take a page out of Brady's deal.  Not quite to that extent (Joe's wife isn't pulling down eight figures), but taking a discount on your salary to win.

The Patriots, in essence, just gave a 36 year old quarterback a guaranteed contract.  That cash is already spent by the next time Bernie Pollard takes another internal organ from him.  I don't think the Ravens will go that far.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on February 27, 2013, 09:10:03 AM

No way.  I want my boy Flacco to get PAID :shifty:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

QuoteRavens, Joe Flacco agree to terms on new contract
Sides agree to a six-year deal worth $120 million, which would make Flacco the highest paid player in NFL history

By Jeff Zrebiec and Aaron Wilson The Baltimore Sun

8:06 p.m. EST, March 1, 2013
Joe Flacco has long maintained that he is an elite quarterback and now he'll officially get paid like one.

Less than a month since leading his team to a victory in Super Bowl XLVII, Flacco agreed to terms with the Ravens on a new contract. According to a league source, the sides agreed to a six-year deal worth just over $120 million, which would make Flacco the highest paid player in NFL history.

Flacco will be at the Under Armour Performance Center on Monday to finalize the deal.

The agreement solves the Ravens' top offseason priority and solidifies the long-term status of Flacco who finished one of the best postseasons ever for a quarterback by being voted the Most Valuable Player in the Ravens' 34-31 Super Bowl win against the San Francisco 49ers.

Flacco, 28, threw three first-half touchdowns in the game, finishing the playoffs with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions.

Flacco, whose rookie contract expired following this season, was eligible for free agency, but the Ravens were determined not to let him hit the open market.

If they couldn't reach an extension, something the organization felt like it got close to before the negotiations were tabled before the start of last season, the Ravens would have applied the franchise tag to the quarterback.

They had until March 4 to reach agreement or franchise Flacco. The exclusive tag would have been the only way to make sure that other teams couldn't talk with Flacco and his agent, Joe Linta.

Ed Anger

Nice purple headline. If Tim tried that, it would be yellow.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 01, 2013, 08:44:38 PM
Nice purple headline. If Tim tried that, it would be yellow.

If tim tried that it would an extra [ quote] in it and some advertisement for GNC megaboost 56 embedded.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM