News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2013, 06:03:41 PM
Wes Welker, Donkey.

A perfect fit;  a receiver that can't run anything other than a 7 yard route, and a quarterback that can't throw anything beyond 7 yards after Halloween.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Fuck, now I have to hear about Welker 24/7 on all the local stations.  Jesus, Manning will always be "this close" and hope will always be high...

I am moving to Samoa.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

katmai

Heh,

So far Niners are
Added: Boldin

Lost :Smith
        TE Walker
        NT Sopaga
         S Goldson
And some guy named Smith who played Qb.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Preston's musings;  can't say I don't disagree, particularly with Pollard, who I know got under the coach's skin with personal fouls and temper tantrums, warranted or not.

QuoteThere was always a belief that the Ravens would never be coach John Harbaugh's team until Ray Lewis left or retired. Well, it's Harbaugh's team now.

With Lewis gone after the Ravens won the Super Bowl, it was the perfect time for Harbaugh to clean house and he appears to have gotten rid of the most outspoken players on the team.

Earlier today, the Ravens cut veteran safety Bernard Pollard. On Monday, they traded receiver Anquan Boldin to the San Francisco 49ers.

The Ravens have yet to re-sign either offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie or safety Ed Reed to a new contract.

Those five guys -- Lewis, Reed, Boldin, Pollard, McKinnie -- were the rabble-rousers, and they didn't hesitate to give their opinion and challenge Harbaugh, even in public. With Pollard, there were times when he was out of control on the sidelines after dealing with officials.

There is one more outspoken player left -- outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, but Suggs doesn't challenge Harbaugh. He comes close, but he never crosses the line. Plus, Suggs makes too much money for Harbaugh and the Ravens to cut at this time. In another year, Suggs' time will be up.

But as of now, it doesn't make much difference. Many thought Lewis had passed the torch to quarterback Joe Flacco and this was Flacco's team.

Sorry, that's not the case.

The Ravens are John Harbaugh's team. It's official.

katmai

Glenn Dorsey DT from Chiefs to Niners.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Another offseason and season of Purgatory in store for Oakland.  Fucking Al Davis and Hue Jackson. :ultra:  30 Million in dead space for their cap total.  That's fucking insane.  Add in missing draft picks from Hue's idiocy, and you have another crippled year that prevents a true rebuild.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Ed Reed is spending the day with the Texans.  He may not be coming back.

Grey Fox

Amendola in New England.

Great, just great.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 14, 2013, 07:12:33 AM
Amendola in New England.

Great, just great.
I wouldn't worry about it.  By week 3 he'll be out for the year with an injury.  Sooner if they play whichever team picks up Pollard.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

I hear rumors that the Bengals are seriously interested in taking Tavon Austin from WVU in the first round if he's available by their pick.  He'd be one hell of an offensive & special teams weapon.  Plus my nephew is a big enough fan that he might finally get over the Carson Palmer thing and stop wearing his Palmer jersey to Bengals games.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2013, 09:45:03 AM
I hear rumors that the Bengals are seriously interested in taking Tavon Austin from WVU in the first round if he's available by their pick.  He'd be one hell of an offensive & special teams weapon.  Plus my nephew is a big enough fan that he might finally get over the Carson Palmer thing and stop wearing his Palmer jersey to Bengals games.
Wow.  I would have thought that the whole quitting on the team would have cured your nephew of that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.