News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Looks like Berkut's tuning in to The Bachelor on Monday nights.

QuoteRay Lewis officially joins ESPN

Ray Lewis retired from playing in the NFL, but the former Ravens linebacker will still be suiting up during the football season. This time, however, Lewis will actually be wearing a suit and not a helmet.

Lewis has officially joined ESPN as an NFL studio analyst, the network announced in a news release. He will appear on "Monday Night Countdown," "Sunday Night Countdown" and "SportsCenter," while also contributing to ESPN's annual Super Bowl coverage.

"Ray is a tremendous addition to our NFL roster and he will have an immediate impact on our coverage," said John Wildhack, ESPN executive vice president, production. "One of the most accomplished players in NFL history, fans will be drawn to his knowledge, experience and, of course, the passion he always exudes for the game."

Lewis will travel to the site of each week's "Monday Night Football" game where he will offer analysis alongside Stuart Scott, Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young and former Ravens teammate Trent Dilfer. He will also contribute to "Sunday NFL Countdown" throughout the season and make a weekly appearance on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike in the Morning." There's a chance that Lewis will host specials similar to Jon Gruden's QB Camp series.

"ESPN is such a big part of how fans watch and experience sports, especially the NFL, so I'm excited to join their team," Lewis said. "I'm ready to bring the same level of passion to this next phase of my life as I brought to the field during my years as a player. I can't wait to work with my new teammates, many of whom I've already known for years."

Lewis will join ESPN on Aug. 1. No word on whether pregame pep talks or dances are part of the deal.

Valmy

Ah man that is great.  Love hearing Ray babble.  I expect Jesus to be in every second sentence.  :cool:

I wonder if he has a mic check dance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Ray has a great ability to talk football when it's not ecclesiastical, but I prefer the fellas over at NFL Network more.  Prime Time and Irving are simply awesome, and they truly enjoy their jobs.

Neil

Cutting Pollard?  That's fucking mental.  Especially since you only save a million on the cap.

I was OK when Boldin got traded, just because I felt the sting of this before when Mason left, and that turned out alright.  But this is just crazy.  I like Ihedibo, but Pollard is an enforcer out there, something that would probably come in handy given that they'll be playing guys from the concession stands and MLB.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 13, 2013, 12:30:57 PM
Ray has a great ability to talk football when it's not ecclesiastical, but I prefer the fellas over at NFL Network more.  Prime Time and Irving are simply awesome, and they truly enjoy their jobs.
Yeah, that's a great crew.  Poor Faulk seems to get overwhelmed at times, but I liked it when they had Warner with that crew.

Stuart Scott is the worst.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2013, 12:33:46 PM
Cutting Pollard?  That's fucking mental.  Especially since you only save a million on the cap.

I was OK when Boldin got traded, just because I felt the sting of this before when Mason left, and that turned out alright.  But this is just crazy.  I like Ihedibo, but Pollard is an enforcer out there, something that would probably come in handy given that they'll be playing guys from the concession stands and MLB.

Yeah, I don't get it at all:  team's leading tackler, a turnover machine, only 29 and one of the best run-stopping safeties in the league, with a mild salary cap cost?  Ravens Nation is going batshit on the radio.  And they're all blaming Joe Flacco.  :lol:

But don't worry, the bloodletting's not done.  I hear Vontae Leach is on deck.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2013, 12:37:59 PM
Yeah, that's a great crew.  Poor Faulk seems to get overwhelmed at times, but I liked it when they had Warner with that crew.

Yeah, Kurt Warner really knows his stuff from a quarterback perspective, and Warren Sapp is sharp as well.  Honestly, NFL Network really has no weak links from a NFL veteran perspective. 

And I suppose if Kurt Warner can keep his God stuff under wraps, so could Ray Ray.

Neil

Flacco?  His cap hit this year is only $6.8 million.  People who call into sports radio are stupid.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2013, 12:51:17 PM
People who call into sports radio are stupid.

I take a perverse pleasure in listening it them.

Although the radio hosts here don't play with stupidity;  when a guy called saying he was disappointed in Joe Flacco not pitching in a million dollars of his own money to pay for Anquan Boldin's contract, he was promptly smote as the idiot he is.   :lol:

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 13, 2013, 12:47:40 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2013, 12:37:59 PM

Yeah, Kurt Warner really knows his stuff from a quarterback perspective, and Warren Sapp is sharp as well.  Honestly, NFL Network really has no weak links from a NFL veteran perspective. 

And I suppose if Kurt Warner can keep his God stuff under wraps, so could Ray Ray.
Jamie Dukes is kind of blah, and Tom Waddle is pretty bad, but they're definitely a solid bunch, especially given that they need somebody there all the time.  Darren Sharper is my favorite of their more recent additions.

MadBurgerMaker

Ed Reed is supposed to be visiting with the Texans tomorrow.  They lost their previous starting S, Glover Quin, to free agency today, along with James Casey, their TE/FB.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

katmai

Dashon Goldson :butt pira....I mean Buc.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Ryan Fitzpatrick: unemployed

Neil