"American Sniper" Chris Kyle shot dead at shooting range

Started by Syt, February 03, 2013, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 12:26:52 PMlet's see if i remember correctly...

as you correctly said, a troll requires a purpose to troll. if that purpose is not there, and it's either said with amusement/entertainment/what-have-you... or if it's said in complete honesty... then it's something entirely different from a troll

You're putting way too much thought into this. Who gives a fuck if some idiot genuinely believes the idiocy they post or not?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on February 07, 2013, 01:19:47 PM
You're putting way too much thought into this. Who gives a fuck if some idiot genuinely believes the idiocy they post or not?

By that token, why care what anyone else thinks about the topic either?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 07, 2013, 01:24:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 07, 2013, 01:19:47 PM

By that token, why care what anyone else thinks about the topic either?

Because some people are worth having conversations with, and their opinions and thoughts are interesting to engage with.

Seems pretty basic.

Eddie Teach

The thoughts and opinions of trolls can be interesting to engage with as well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 07, 2013, 01:41:51 PM

Sure. Usually not when they're idiots, though.

Which brings me back to my point - who cares if some idiot thinks he's trolling or genuinely believes what he's saying? He's an idiot. And you guys were discussing Martinus.

dps

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 11:34:08 AM

(Edit) i mean.. there's a place for those who do not want such comments to appear on their browser, right? EUOT?

I don't particularly like a lot of the asshattery that goes on here, but at least here we can discuss pretty much any topic we like.

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on February 07, 2013, 12:51:44 PMI don't often do it myself but I think a common reason why a person would troll is for their own amusement. :huh:

yes, a troll tends to troll for their own amusement. and a person who is not trolling (because it does not fit the definition of a troll: inciting ire in others) may make comments out of their own amusement as well

however, that does mean they are both trolls. the intent is what matters

Quote from: JacobYou're putting way too much thought into this. Who gives a fuck if some idiot genuinely believes the idiocy they post or not?

meh, this is languish, isn't it? it is a site that argues over the tiniest historical data, and spends pages upon pages of semantic debate. i'm merely pointing out what i saw martnus' intent, and dismissing labels that do not appear to fit the situation

Quote from: dpsI don't particularly like a lot of the asshattery that goes on here, but at least here we can discuss pretty much any topic we like.

agreed, except for the "i don't particularly like a lot of the asshattery that goes on here," bit  :P

11B4V

Quote from: dps on February 07, 2013, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 11:34:08 AM

(Edit) i mean.. there's a place for those who do not want such comments to appear on their browser, right? EUOT?

I don't particularly like a lot of the asshattery that goes on here, but at least here we can discuss pretty much any topic we like.

:huh: Then why are you here? That is the best part of this forum IMO. Thoroughly entertaining.

I would venture to say, that there are some of the best internet arguers around on here.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on February 07, 2013, 01:45:32 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 07, 2013, 01:41:51 PM

Sure. Usually not when they're idiots, though.

Which brings me back to my point - who cares if some idiot thinks he's trolling or genuinely believes what he's saying? He's an idiot. And you guys were discussing Martinus.

Ah, I see, white knighting again. That's the only thing you can do well. Does it get you laid a lot with low confidence chicks?

Martinus

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 12:26:52 PMjacob said something to slargos, who responded: "i hope your wife gets xxx" - i honestly forget if it was raped by a pack of ethnic groups, or murdered, or what

Well, if "xxx" was "raped", then from a certain perspective, it could actually have been Slargos wishing her well - after all it could mean she is fucked by a real man for a change.

Hell, some people could see death as a fate preferable to being married to a slimy ponytailed Dane reeking of patchouli, but I would not go that far myself.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on February 08, 2013, 06:29:54 PM
Does it get you laid a lot with low confidence chicks?

Low confidence chicks are fun.  They'll do anything to not be alone.   :perv: :yeah: :perv: :yeah: :perv: :yeah:

katmai

I'm sure Marti knows all about what lengths low confidence people are willing to do $$$
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

The problem is that Martinus' genuine opinions are as dull, uninformed, uninspired, uninteresting and Russian as he is, and his trolls even moreso.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on February 08, 2013, 06:35:22 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 12:26:52 PMjacob said something to slargos, who responded: "i hope your wife gets xxx" - i honestly forget if it was raped by a pack of ethnic groups, or murdered, or what

Well, if "xxx" was "raped", then from a certain perspective, it could actually have been Slargos wishing her well - after all it could mean she is fucked by a real man for a change.

Stay classy Marti. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on February 08, 2013, 06:35:22 PM

Hell, some people could see death as a fate preferable to being married to a slimy ponytailed Dane reeking of patchouli, but I would not go that far myself.

See, folks?  The shit-flinging monkey flings shit because it is in his nature to fling shit.  No psychoanalysis necessary.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!