"American Sniper" Chris Kyle shot dead at shooting range

Started by Syt, February 03, 2013, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I just gave a thumbs up to a 4 year old post on youtube.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 06, 2013, 05:12:45 PM
Vince Young sucks.

What ever happened to VY anyways?

[quick google]

I see - signed, then cut, by the Bills in 2012.  Looks to be out of football.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 06, 2013, 05:19:50 PM
Vince Young sucks.

[quick google]

Fat and broke.  That is alright Austin will look after him. Kind of funny since the NFL suddenly decided running QBs are cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2013, 05:26:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 06, 2013, 05:19:50 PM
Vince Young sucks.

[quick google]

Fat and broke.  That is alright Austin will look after him. Kind of funny since the NFL suddenly decided running QBs are cool.

They've been cool since Vick's first year.  Unfortunately they also have short expiration dates.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2013, 05:33:46 PM
They've been cool since Vick's first year.  Unfortunately they also have short expiration dates.

Nah that was just Vick.  Now they are running the pistol and zone read which is exactly what Vince was so great at doing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2013, 05:35:45 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2013, 05:33:46 PM

Nah that was just Vick.  Now they are running the pistol and zone read which is exactly what Vince was so great at doing.

Still-- expiration dates :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

The pistol and zone-read are already over in the pros.  There's film and an offseason, so I fully expect yet another setback for the mobile quarterback next year.  Those who can't make the conversion to pocket passers will join Vince Young in obscurity.

It's no conincidence that the pocket passer won the Superbowl, just like every time this matchup comes up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2013, 05:26:01 PM
Kind of funny since the NFL suddenly decided running QBs are cool.

Running QBs are cool. 
Running QBs saying they're suicidal and driving to the team complex at 11pm to sit in the parking lot with a gun are not so cool.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

seems obvious to me. martinus has an opinion: "military men, especially those who are tasked with utter murder of an individual and repeat it on a monthly basis, are akin psychopaths either by nature or developed through experience; they would be persecuted against back home if they did what they did back there"

he greatly exaggerates his position as he is wont to do on languish. it's not necessarily a "troll" in the sense that he completely bullshits the argument he's making, but rather he offers an extremist view of what he really believes - probably out of personal amusement (i mean, really, who says that sort of thing?). now, it may be an incorrect opinion, but that's for others to decide via debate

Admiral Yi

Your restatement bears very little relationship to any of the permutations of Marty's position, and it's crap too.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2013, 09:43:08 AM
Your restatement bears very little relationship to any of the permutations of Marty's position, and it's crap too.

but i'm not trying to clarify martinus' whole position. that may be impossible. i'm clarifying his initial statement

i-i don't know how to respond with "it's crap too" ...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 09:45:28 AM
but i'm not trying to clarify martinus' whole position. that may be impossible. i'm clarifying his initial statement

That's what I'm saying.  It doesn't bear any relationship to his initial statement.

Quotei-i don't know how to respond with "it's crap too" ...

Shame and contrition.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2013, 09:47:31 AMThat's what I'm saying.  It doesn't bear any relationship to his initial statement.

Quotei-i don't know how to respond with "it's crap too" ...

Shame and contrition.

o-okay... i guess i'm sorry you feel that way? i don't know how else to respond based off what you've said