The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

derspiess

I feel sorry for the Falcons.  Nobody wants to talk about them.  It's all Kaepernick, Kaepernick, Kaepernick, with a little Flacco, Har-bowl anticipation & "here we go again" Patriots talk sprinkled in.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 07:53:39 AM
Lulz, Marc Trestman, Bernie Slayer :bleeding:

He's done just fine with Anthony Calvillo though, turning him into one of the all-time bests.

And this is fairly ancient history to me, but I thought Trestman's relationship with Bernie Kosar was a positive one. :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2013, 09:51:36 AM
I feel sorry for the Falcons.  Nobody wants to talk about them.  It's all Kaepernick, Kaepernick, Kaepernick, with a little Flacco, Har-bowl anticipation & "here we go again" Patriots talk sprinkled in.

If I was a Falcon's fan that would be fine with me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2013, 10:35:05 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 07:53:39 AM
Lulz, Marc Trestman, Bernie Slayer :bleeding:

He's done just fine with Anthony Calvillo though, turning him into one of the all-time bests.

And this is fairly ancient history to me, but I thought Trestman's relationship with Bernie Kosar was a positive one. :unsure:

Trestman dismatled Lindy Infante's system.

Oh, and ask BA about his stint in Oaktown.  Jay Schroeder. Fin:bleeding:

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

sbr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2013, 09:51:36 AM

Meh, I think he's gotten his due press for finally getting over the 0-fer-playoffs hump.  I really don't see their undersized defense stopping every phase of the Niners' offense, though.  If they win, it's because they were the first team to 30 points.

You won't believe Baltimore talk radio, though.  Negative vibes about Flacco STILL.  You'd think this team went straight from Johnny Unitas to Joe, and have forgotten everybody in between that couldn't get a first down to save their lives since Bert Jones.  :bleeding:

Would be cool to see Flacco versus Ryan, though.  Same draft.

Valmy

sbr

That was sudden, chip Kelly is new eagles coach.  Per twitter.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 10:47:24 AM
You won't believe Baltimore talk radio, though.  Negative vibes about Flacco STILL.  You'd think this team went straight from Johnny Unitas to Joe, and have forgotten everybody in between that couldn't get a first down to save their lives since Bert Jones.  :bleeding:
I'd believe that.  There's folks out there for whom Flacco could be the greatest ever, and it wouldn't matter because he's white.  Plus he stole Troy Smith's job.  Never mind that Troy Smith wasn't a good NFL player, while Flacco has led the team to glory.  He's a cracker.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: sbr on January 16, 2013, 12:11:10 PM
Huh.  Poor guy.  The Philly rebuild is going to be at least as hard as Arizona or Jacksonville, but it's compounded by having to do it in the NFC Least, where one loss means that everyone in your city turns on you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Neil on January 16, 2013, 12:19:43 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 16, 2013, 12:11:10 PM
Huh.  Poor guy.  The Philly rebuild is going to be at least as hard as Arizona or Jacksonville, but it's compounded by having to do it in the NFC Least, where one loss means that everyone in your city turns on you.

And it's even worse in Philly, where they might turn on you even after a win.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 16, 2013, 12:18:15 PM
Troy Smith is going to grad school.
Good for him.  He conned some NFL teams out of some money (not so much the Ravens, as it wasn't known for certain that he sucked when he was drafted, but the Niners got fleeced), he might as well do something he enjoys.  I'm sure he really enjoyed being in college.