The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Ayanbadejo needs to shut up and play.  That kickoff return?  That was his lane.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

:lol: That's ridiculous.  Be ready when the ref places the ball.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2013, 09:16:17 AM
:lol: That's ridiculous.  Be ready when the ref places the ball.

Yep.  Defense should always be ready for the play-- there's never a valid excuse for letting the offense get that by you.

Last year vs. the Browns the Bengals intentionally set a play like that up in the 4th quarter.  They intentionally took their time getting out of the huddle and getting to the line for several plays, which successfully lulled the defense into the same slow pace.  Then bam, quick-snap-- easy ~40 yard TD pass.  Not a single guy on the Browns D was in position.  Was AJ Green's first TD IIRC.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I would also like everyone to note the African name of the Raventard. :contract:

MadBurgerMaker

McClain is reporting that Posey tore his Achilles.  He's saying it's "only" a six month recovery time though, so he could still end up being the #2 WR next season like I'm hoping.  :hmm:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Bengals are cutting ticket prices in most upper sections by ten bucks for 2013, and there are a lot more $40 seats now.  Hopefully this reaches about the right equilibrium to sell out each week.  They sold out 6 of 8 home games in 2012.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2013, 07:13:15 PM
You're not allowed to rag on the Browns.

No, he is not.  He does not possess the moral standing to do so.

KRonn

NE has been running the hurry-up offense all season, and I think last year too, so I'm surprised when opposing teams let that hurt them so bad. They have to be planning for it when going over the game plan vs NE. Also, I'm sure we'll see more team's offenses do the same over the next few seasons.

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on January 15, 2013, 02:50:44 PM
NE has been running the hurry-up offense all season, and I think last year too, so I'm surprised when opposing teams let that hurt them so bad. They have to be planning for it when going over the game plan vs NE. Also, I'm sure we'll see more team's offenses do the same over the next few seasons.

Hurry-up can often hurt the offense as much as or more than the defense, and you have to have the right personnel to pull it off.  That was the Bengals' bread & butter with Boomer Esiason.  They tried to continue it with QBs they had after Boomer with disastrous results.

sbr

https://twitter.com/tfln/status/290869959201001474

Quote@TFLN: (805): If you've never yelled, "fuck you ray Lewis" in front of your 87 year old grandfather you haven't lived

CountDeMoney

Luckily, the national weariness of Ray Lewis is surpassed only by the national weariness of Brady and the Patriots.  That's the only PR angle the Ravens have for Suggs Versus Uggs on Sunday.

derspiess

Ray Lewis was in college the only time I had that opportunity.  But then again he beat WVU in both of his years and I know I watched both games so I suppose I could have done it.

Grey Fox

Fuck You Bears! I hope Cutler fucks up for many more years to come. :ultra:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.