News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Suburbs don't count as small towns.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on March 11, 2013, 09:14:55 AM
I found quitting smoking easier than controlling my weight.

Quitting is just a decision - a hard one true, but once its done its done. Weight control is a constant struggle.   :(

What we have here is a division of labor problem.  Let's trade bodies, I'll get your weight down, and you can get me to quit smoking.  I promise not to steal your life, and not a fatal amount of your money.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on March 11, 2013, 01:27:49 PM

Quitting is just a decision - a hard one true, but once its done its done. Weight control is a constant struggle.   :(

What we have here is a division of labor problem.  Let's trade bodies, I'll get your weight down, and you can get me to quit smoking.  I promise not to steal your life, and not a fatal amount of your money.

Tell ya what, we will trade ages into the bargain and its a deal.  :contract:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on March 11, 2013, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 11, 2013, 01:27:49 PM

Tell ya what, we will trade ages into the bargain and its a deal.  :contract:

:D

Ed Anger

I have cut my diet soda intake in half. Replaced it with those flavored waters and stealing juice boxes from the kids.

My pee has lightened up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 16, 2013, 08:54:22 PM
I have cut my diet soda intake in half. Replaced it with those flavored waters and stealing juice boxes from the kids.

My pee has lightened up.

My urine is like the ice beneath the Antarctic surface, so clear and voluminous you can detect the neutrino strikes within the stream.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Again had to rescue this thread from the 3rd page.  :hmm:

Not doing a great deal myself either, did pop out late to do 14 miles up the valley in the balmy 37f weather.   :bowler:

Maladict

Temperature: -1
Feels like: -14
:(

mongers

Damn, this weather makes a difference, during last March, warmest for a century, I did nearly 600 miles on the bike (4 miles short); this March barely 250 miles and it's only another 4-5 days left before a new month.   :(

Malthus

My diet is going strong - I'm down 28 pounds.  :) Only 12 more to go to hit my maintenance target.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on March 26, 2013, 03:38:16 PM
My diet is going strong - I'm down 28 pounds.  :) Only 12 more to go to hit my maintenance target.

:thumbsup:

Just noticed I've managed to put on 4-5 lbs, so only around 8lbs to go before I'm back to a good fighting weight, but damn I need those missing lbs recently. :shivers:

merithyn

I ran 1.5 miles today at 4.6mph.  :showoff:

I probably could have gone further, but I'd set a goal of 20 minutes running and decided to stick to it even though I was feeling pretty good. Tomorrow, I shoot for 25 minutes. I'm hoping that by the end of next week, I'll be running 30-35 minutes non-stop. I have a 10K coming up at the end of April, and I'd like to be able to run a good chunk of it.

Amazingly, I'm actually doing pretty well on the running thing. I set the treadmill on random hills, walk five minutes at 3mph, then run for however long I've determined to do so that day at 4.6mph, walk at 3.5 for two minutes, then run another five minutes at 4.6mph. Finally, I walk another five minutes at 3.2 to cool down.

Once it warms up outside (and the snow melts again), I'll move out there to see how I do. I suspect that it will be harder than the treadmill.  :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Did my first real ride of the year today - 20 mile round trip north of town.  Not too cold, a bit windy, but man I was not ready for that.  By the end (the last 4 miles) I was bonking and feeling a bit drunk.  Some carbs when I got back helped, and a nap helped more.

Not using those muscles in that way for 5 months made them rebellious.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM