And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Tyr on February 23, 2013, 09:58:26 AM
I wish I hadn't quit karate.
Did it when I was a teenager but the trouble was the class was increasingly just little kids, their parents and me. And I was moving ever away from being a kid myself. Just not much opportunity out there for adults who aren't experts to get started in martial arts.

Stay away from the McDojo's. See if there's a Kyokushin school in your area. Stay away from contracts.

I cant stress being careful in choosing a school enough. A lot of bullshit out there.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

I've been deeply remiss in working out for a few months, but I've restarted recently, and I've been trying to introduce cardio in the form of jumping jacks.  My lungs are kind of broken. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on March 08, 2013, 02:21:19 AM
I've been deeply remiss in working out for a few months, but I've restarted recently, and I've been trying to introduce cardio in the form of jumping jacks.  My lungs are kind of broken. :(

Still smoking ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Yes.  What I need is a coma.  Like a month or two.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on March 09, 2013, 09:22:41 PM

:(

Damn, glad I never got hooked on that shit, have you considered a opiate habit instead ?   :P

fhdz

11-mile bike ride today. I'm not counting stuff like that as "working out", just a fun activity I happened to be doing this weekend. Tomorrow I start week 2 of this old-school boxer workout. It's awesome.

If I can just fucking control my eating a bit, I'd really be in business. <_<
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Quote from: fahdiz on March 10, 2013, 11:08:08 PM
11-mile bike ride today. I'm not counting stuff like that as "working out", just a fun activity I happened to be doing this weekend. Tomorrow I start week 2 of this old-school boxer workout. It's awesome.

Maybe you should have some carbs.

Also:

Quote11-mile bike ride today. I'm not counting stuff like that as "working out", just a fun activity I happened to be doing this weekend.

FU
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on March 09, 2013, 09:30:11 PM

Damn, glad I never got hooked on that shit, have you considered a opiate habit instead ?   :P

All kidding aside, I think some serious painkillers would probably be a really good idea if I tried to quit again.  The reason I dropped off the wagon was because of the tremendous physical pain I got in my jaw and head.  That was four days of shittiness.
Kinemalogue

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on March 10, 2013, 11:15:38 PM
Maybe you should have some carbs.

:D Yes. To lose weight, I will require MOAR PASTA
and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

I've decided I must avoid eating anything between dinner and tea. Its those after school snacks that do me in, they can sometimes be substantial....
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on March 10, 2013, 11:08:08 PM

:thumpsup:

Sound good, where do you go ? 

Boxing workout should be fun.  :)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on March 10, 2013, 11:18:04 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 09, 2013, 09:30:11 PM

All kidding aside, I think some serious painkillers would probably be a really good idea if I tried to quit again.  The reason I dropped off the wagon was because of the tremendous physical pain I got in my jaw and head.  That was four days of shittiness.

Nasty stuff, I do know a couple of ex-heroin addicts, I'll ask them how hard it was, but since both are still smokers, maybe a bit easier than smokes ? :unsure:

Eddie Teach

Well yeah, dying when you're 60 isn't as scary as dying next month.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

I found quitting smoking easier than controlling my weight.

Quitting is just a decision - a hard one true, but once its done its done. Weight control is a constant struggle.   :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Octavian

Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2013, 02:51:15 AM
Quote from: Octavian on February 24, 2013, 01:53:02 PM
Bullshit!

Just contact a club and get started.
Where do you live?
In huge cities I'd imagine it is a possibility. Where I'm from in the UK totally not. Where I am in Japan....way too hard core on ability and language. Hopefully if I do move Tokyowards in a few months there should be something friendly to amateur stupid foreigners.

In a small town with 7000 inhabitants. Although it's situated just outside of Denmarks largest city so I workout there  :P

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee