News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Cancelled my gym membership so I'll mostly be running and doing workout DVDs. I'm ditching the long distances and aiming for my fastest ever 5K. I'm not saying how "fast" that is as it's all relative!

Brazen

Quote from: mongers on January 01, 2013, 09:15:08 PM
The only remaining target I have is to cycle more miles than I've driven by the time I'm 60/retire. 
How on earth do you know how far you've driven in your life time?

Maladict

Quote from: Brazen on January 02, 2013, 05:48:34 AM
How on earth do you know how far you've driven in your life time?

Not that hard if he remembers the mileage of his cars, especially if there were only a few.

Octavian

Continue my 4-6 days (usually 5) a week schedule which I have been doing for 2 years now. Continue to look good and have the 23 year old women at my work trying to get some lovin at the christmas party only for her to be thwarted in her effort by my 33 year old regular blonde milf flirt who didn't like the fact that my attention was with someone else  :P

And the fact that I had to say no because I'm married :(

I did tell my wife about though... just because.   
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Octavian on January 02, 2013, 06:36:52 AM

You know, they say they want to know...but they don't want to know.

Octavian

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2013, 07:05:36 AM
Quote from: Octavian on January 02, 2013, 06:36:52 AM

You know, they say they want to know...but they don't want to know.

Heh it was more or less the first thing my drunken ass told her when she came to give me a ride home. I regret nothing!

:lol:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Brazen

Went running down by the Thames at lunchtime. It's inevitably going to always be a bit stop-start with all the tourists. No showers (or kettle, fridge microwave, kitchen sink...) at work so had a French shower with some industrial strength wet-wipes. No complaints of lingering odours yet.

Will check out public pools near work and home over the next week or so to see if I can entirely replace the gym, but it won't be the same as having having a warm, clean pool all to myself on the weekends.

CountDeMoney

I took my pills this morning. 

mongers

Still not doing much, though I have ideas for some more adventurous stuff come the spring/summer.

Just popped down the valley to visit a friend on the coast, perfect night for exercise, 9-10C, no wind, saving of course the lack of daylight, ho hum guess it comes with the territory/latitude.   :bowler:

Didn't help cycling into a big pothole masquerading* as part of a large puddle/lake on the road, rear light when flying, good job I carry a spare, I'm surprised the little folder made it through ok, I feel on a road bike I'd have been in some trouble al a instant flat and possibility of buckled/fucked up wheel.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I took my pills this morning.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on January 04, 2013, 06:58:17 PM
Still not doing much, though I have ideas for some more adventurous stuff come the spring/summer.

Do tell.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

I took a massive dump.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

At least he wasn't on the side of the road.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Started walking the mall again during my breaks, so I'm getting 2 miles in 30 minutes every day. Not a lot, but it's something. Cold or not, I think I'm going to start running again next week, too. This week I just don't have time. Next week, I'll make time.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...