Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 11:36:02 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 04:29:35 AM
Oh and I found the thread.  I confused it with some similar arguments that you never answered. 

:nelson:  Sour grapes.  Should have just left it alone.

I found it, didn't I?  And there you were not giving a damn about other states so long as your state got your control.  And here you are bothered that other states have gun restrictions.  I don't think you care about rights at all. I think all you care about is if you get to own guns.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

"Digging up ammo" ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE GUNS WITH YOU

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:55:50 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:50:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 15, 2013, 03:43:29 PM
Good grief - not another claim of a "hidden agenda". :bleeding:

So you think politicians always leave their cards out on the table for everyone to see?

I'm sure the FEMA death camps are just sitting part of plan "B"

:yawn:  Shouldn't you be mining old threads in hopes of digging up ammo to use against me?

All ready did, and got what I needed.  Not that's necessary with you gong down the "Hidden Agenda" Route.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 03:56:10 PM
I found it, didn't I? And there you were not giving a damn about other states so long as your state got your control.  And here you are bothered that other states have gun restrictions. 

That's not what I said.

QuoteI don't think you care about rights at all. I think all you care about is if you get to own guns.

No, you just described Seedy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

I don't think Obama really cares about gun control even with people going into hysterics about "he'll take away our guns" during both elections.  It's not a high priority issue for him except, of course, to the extent that there's a public outcry about it.

If we were dealing with a rational congress I'd expect the gun control issue to be used as a bargaining chip for something that Obama actually cared about (along with a meaningless/ineffective bit of gun control reform).  With this congress I expect it to be blown up into a long drawn out mess.

Barrister

So you think politicians always leave their cards out on the table for everyone to see?

Pretty much.

They don't put it front and centre of their 30 second advertisements, but if you're curious what a politician is going to do, if you go back and see what they've written, what they've said in speeches, see what their campaign material is, you get a pretty good idea what they are going to do.

Maybe you have to be a Canadian Conservative to get the blood all angried up about the phrase "hidden agenda".  For at least a decade the Liberals used the "hidden agenda" claim against Reform/Alliance.  Even once Harper was elected they claimed he had a "hidden agenda".  Now, after 6 years of government, people have finally realized "gee, I guess Harper meant what he was saying after all".

Now that doesn't mean they do everything say...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on January 15, 2013, 04:03:37 PM
I don't think Obama really cares about gun control even with people going into hysterics about "he'll take away our guns" during both elections.  It's not a high priority issue for him except, of course, to the extent that there's a public outcry about it.

Isn't it possible that he's also responding to pressure from within his own party?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on January 15, 2013, 04:07:42 PM
Maybe you have to be a Canadian Conservative to get the blood all angried up about the phrase "hidden agenda". 

Okay, but you were the one who used the term :unsure:

Neil

Quote from: Phillip V on January 15, 2013, 12:14:08 PM
"Americans should be allowed to have whatever damn weapons they want. It keeps government honest." ~ Thomas Jefferson to George Washington at Abraham Lincoln's Third Inauguration, 1802.
Even if he did, Thomas Jefferson doesn't have anything useful to say about the proper way to run a modern, civilized country.  When everybody goes back to subsistence farming, then he might be helpful.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 04:08:10 PM

Isn't it possible that he's also responding to pressure from within his own party?

I'd consider that part of public outcry in both effect and in "hidden agenda" conspiracy worthiness.

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on January 15, 2013, 04:14:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 04:08:10 PM

I'd consider that part of public outcry in both effect and in "hidden agenda" conspiracy worthiness.

Alrighty then :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:59:49 PM
I found it, didn't I? And there you were not giving a damn about other states so long as your state got your control.  And here you are bothered that other states have gun restrictions. 

That's not what I said.

QuoteI don't think you care about rights at all. I think all you care about is if you get to own guns.

Then what were you saying? What I described is the typical libertarian problem.  "I got what I want, fuck the rest of you".

Razgovory

Okay, what cards are your fellow conservatives leaving off the table?  What is their hidden agenda?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 04:18:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:59:49 PM

That's not what I said.

Then what were you saying? What I described is the typical libertarian problem.  "I got what I want, fuck the rest of you".

I'm not playing that game, Raz.  I've clearly stated my positions and it's not worth my time to re-type them.  It's up to you to prove your silly accusations, since you're the one making htem.

Razgovory

I did.  I'm unclear exactly what you answer is.  Ball's in your court.