Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Surprise, surprise.  Obama is using schoolkids as props in his big announcement tomorrow.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

They have no position on specific gun control initiatives, which has nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 02:19:14 PM
Surprise, surprise.  Obama is using schoolkids as props in his big announcement tomorrow.

Why the sarcasm?  Kids did die didnt they?  The most recent tragedy is the impetus for this isn't it?

CountDeMoney

Wasn't it a bunch of murdered schoolkids that started this whole discussion in the first place?  Or are you starting to channel James Yeager now?

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 15, 2013, 02:31:00 PM

Why the sarcasm?  Kids did die didnt they?  The most recent tragedy is the impetus for this isn't it?

Obama's anti-gun agenda has nothing to do with the tragedy.  Whatever he's going to propose tomorrow, I can guarantee it's been in the Dems' back pocket for quite a while.  They were just waiting for a crisis/tragedy to push it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2013, 02:28:38 PM
They have no position on specific gun control initiatives, which has nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

Nice cop out.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 11:38:59 AM
They don't give two shits about the Second Amendment, so I wouldn't give them credit for defending the Bill of Rights.

So you defend that NRA for standing up for civil rights, even though the only rights they care about are the rights to bear arms?
Whereas the ACLU - which defends every single other  individual and civil right in the Constitution - they get a big fat zero on the Spicy Liberty Exam because they don't take any position on gun rights.

Why don't you just fess up and admit the patchouli turns you off.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:06:04 PM
Nice cop out.

It's not a cop out - they are very clear that they do not beleive that the Second Amendment raises any civil liberties issues.  Because the ACLU only takes positions on civil liberties issues, they have nothing to say, just like they have nothing to say about monetary policy, or inheritance rights.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 15, 2013, 03:11:32 PM
So you defend that NRA for standing up for civil rights, even though the only rights they care about are the rights to bear arms?

Well the NRA is pretty much by definition focused on the 2nd Amendment and gun rights.

QuoteWhereas the ACLU - which defends every single other  individual and civil right in the Constitution - they get a big fat zero on the Spicy Liberty Exam because they don't take any position on gun rights.

Why don't you just fess up and admit the patchouli turns you off.

I have, actually.  The fact that they are left-leaning is the reason I don't like them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:05:34 PM

Obama's anti-gun agenda has nothing to do with the tragedy.  Whatever he's going to propose tomorrow, I can guarantee it's been in the Dems' back pocket for quite a while.  They were just waiting for a crisis/tragedy to push it.

Right, he waited his entire first administration and all the mass shootings during it to finally spring his "anti-gun agenda" on us.  Man, you've officially drank the La Pierre Kool-Aid.    :lol:

You usually get a pass for your anti-choice fetus love and your "traditional gender roles" bullshit, but congrats, you've officially scored the Ignorant White Trash Hat Trick.  :cheers:

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:05:34 PM

Good grief - not another claim of a "hidden agenda". :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2013, 03:28:13 PM
Right, he waited his entire first administration and all the mass shootings during it to finally spring his "anti-gun agenda" on us. 

Whether or not it's been a huge priority for Obama himself, his proposals tomorrow will undoubtedly contain items from the Dem anti-gun faction's wish list.  Can we at least agree upon that?  Anyway when he announces his proposals tomorrow they will become his anti-gun agenda.

QuoteMan, you've officially drank the La Pierre Kool-Aid.    :lol:

Really?  That's what put me over the edge in your book?  Okay :D

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on January 15, 2013, 03:43:29 PM

So you think politicians always leave their cards out on the table for everyone to see? 

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:50:39 PM

So you think politicians always leave their cards out on the table for everyone to see?

I'm sure the FEMA death camps are just sitting part of plan "B"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 03:50:39 PM

I'm sure the FEMA death camps are just sitting part of plan "B"

:yawn:  Shouldn't you be mining old threads in hopes of digging up ammo to use against me?