Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2013, 08:20:57 PM
I like Raz.

Same here. But he thinks I'm a gun nut and I am far from that. So, he's a little bonkers.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I think state solutions to gun violence are a ridiculous concept.  The benefits of an individual state action are going to be minimized due to proximity to less civilized states, but the inadvertent legal troubles of someone accidentally straying into a tough gun law state with an illegal gun or magazine in their glove compartment are going to be maximized.  We're a single country for a reason.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on January 14, 2013, 10:07:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2013, 08:20:57 PM
I like Raz.

Same here. But he thinks I'm a gun nut and I am far from that. So, he's a little bonkers.

No, I think you are guy with tats.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2013, 08:40:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2013, 08:30:04 PM
Sorry, I ain't feeling tonight.  Maybe tomorrow.  I looked through the archives for a while but got disgusted by Grumbler-Berkut "Only I know what Freedom is" rants.

I've already thrown everything I have on the table, so don't bother if you're expecting to have a conversation.

Oh and I found the thread.  I confused it with some similar arguments that you never answered.  http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,7907.0.html

QuoteQuote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2012, 12:43:14 pm

So you like laws changing drastically as you move from one district to another?

District?  You mean "state", right?  Anywho-- yeah, pretty much.  That way I can pick up & move to another state if I don't like my own state's laws.  I can happily live in a red state while some fruitcake left coaster lives happily in his state.

Are there laws that you support but wouldn't want as a federal laws?

Yeah, probably.  More importantly there are laws in other states (and some laws in Ohio) that I don't want to see implemented on a federal level.

Say gun ownership laws or conceal and carry or whatever?

While I generally favor more gun rights across the country, I'd leave it to individual states to decide how they permit concealed carry.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2013, 03:22:52 AM
I think state solutions to gun violence are a ridiculous concept.  The benefits of an individual state action are going to be minimized due to proximity to less civilized states, but the inadvertent legal troubles of someone accidentally straying into a tough gun law state with an illegal gun or magazine in their glove compartment are going to be maximized.  We're a single country for a reason.

Not big on federalism, are you?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2013, 02:30:25 PM
Just not the people who defend it passionately?

:lol:

"I'm big on the Bill of Rights...but people who are big on the Bill of Rights for a living suck."

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 04:29:35 AM
Oh and I found the thread.  I confused it with some similar arguments that you never answered. 

:nelson:  Sour grapes.  Should have just left it alone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2013, 11:33:15 AM

"I'm big on the Bill of Rights...but people who are big on the Bill of Rights for a living suck."

They don't give two shits about the Second Amendment, so I wouldn't give them credit for defending the Bill of Rights.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: dps on January 15, 2013, 11:31:07 AM

Not when it comes to rights, no.  Also not when you the end result is a very messy legal patchwork that makes Holy Roman Empire look centralized.

crazy canuck

Quote from: dps on January 15, 2013, 11:31:07 AM

Pointing out that a particular division of powers within a federal state doesnt make sense does not make one an enemy of Federalism.

Phillip V

"Americans should be allowed to have whatever damn weapons they want. It keeps government honest." ~ Thomas Jefferson to George Washington at Abraham Lincoln's Third Inauguration, 1802.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 11:38:59 AM

They don't give two shits about the Second Amendment, so I wouldn't give them credit for defending the Bill of Rights.

Actually, they do.

They just don't masturbate to it like you do. :hug:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2013, 01:55:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 11:38:59 AM

Actually, they do.

They just don't masturbate to it like you do. :hug:

No they don't, and they've said as much.