Obsidian raised a million dollars in a day on Kickstarter

Started by MadImmortalMan, September 18, 2012, 01:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Pedrito

Quote from: Norgy on April 18, 2015, 01:43:41 AM
I feel my party generally suck balls and that I screwed up character creation.
:D Yes, these are my feelings too. I blame the completely new RPG system.
Too many different damage types, too many different conditions influencing the character, and a not well defined weapons and armor system.
Or maybe I'm getting old.  :P

Re: Katmai: absolutely yes, if you loved BG2, IWD, Torment.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

celedhring

Yeah, now that I'm familiar with the system, I'd completely start over again. So many poor decisions in character creation and levelling, in hindsight.

Still, it isn't a game where min-maxing seems that important unless you blundered terribly, at least on hard difficulty.

Syt

And that's why I switched to "Easy" difficulty after I ran my head against the same fight over and over again. And I'm still struggling sometimes. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pedrito

For those who have almost finished the game:
what did you do with [spoiler]the Adra Dragon? I let it live and possess the body of the dragon slayer.[/spoiler]

L.
b / h = h / b+h

celedhring

I killed it. Very hard fight though, needed a few tries to nail down the best tactic and party composition.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

celedhring

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on June 12, 2015, 10:16:56 AM
I killed it. Very hard fight though, needed a few tries to nail down the best tactic and party composition.

You are worse than Hitler for reloading, apparently, according to the CK II thread.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

Quote from: frunk on June 12, 2015, 01:23:53 PMYou are worse than Hitler for reloading, apparently, according to the CK II thread.

raz is right, but the discussion in that thread was weird.

spend your time the way that meets my expectations or you're doing it wrong

i mean, whether it's save/reload vs. playing without ever reloading or min-maxing v. "true roleplay," who cares what another person does?

Valmy

That would indeed have been weird. But that was not how that conversation went at all. Read it again. I commented on the nature of the game as I felt it. I never attacked anybody.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2015, 08:36:01 PM
That would indeed have been weird. But that was not how that conversation went at all. Read it again. I commented on the nature of the game as I felt it. I never attacked anybody.

i read it awhile ago. my post in this thread wasn't referring to anyone in particular, more the overall attack on tim because he played the game the way he wanted.

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on June 12, 2015, 10:21:43 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2015, 08:36:01 PM

i read it awhile ago. my post in this thread wasn't referring to anyone in particular, more the overall attack on tim because he played the game the way he wanted.

It was because he turned around and wanted our approval for it. :P

Anyway this was just announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a05OrRrR2Q

Pants: Diary Factory

Since everybody seems to be loving my Dragon Age AAR (:P) maybe I will do one for this once it comes out.