Obsidian raised a million dollars in a day on Kickstarter

Started by MadImmortalMan, September 18, 2012, 01:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

I downloaded PoE and follow on March whatever it is) last night. I used to love Baldar's gate and Icewind Dale.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Anybody playing the expansion? Any impressions so far?

Razgovory

It's a two parter, so I'd wait till the other shoe drops before I make the purchase.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

And the crowd funding has begun on the sequel: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?utm_source=Obsidian&utm_campaign=CF17&utm_medium=featuresite

For $1,000 you can buy a share and invest in the game. Huh. That is new.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

LaCroix

interesting stories are great, but obsidian has really bogged its games down lately in text and hyperlinks to more text about various aspects of the IG world that isn't even very interesting. it's like fluff for the sake of fluff, and the fluff is shoved into your face in every conversation

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 26, 2017, 10:14:32 PM
interesting stories are great, but obsidian has really bogged its games down lately in text and hyperlinks to more text about various aspects of the IG world that isn't even very interesting. it's like fluff for the sake of fluff, and the fluff is shoved into your face in every conversation

I disagree. Bring forth the fluff!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2017, 11:11:32 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 26, 2017, 10:14:32 PM

I disagree. Bring forth the fluff!

+1

I'm the dude that reads every book that finds in those games. I love me a good world-building.

garbon

I found it dull. :blush: I like world building but really like it to serve a purpose.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2017, 03:44:57 PM
I found it dull. :blush: I like world building but really like it to serve a purpose.

It is a pretty niche genre these super nerdy RPGs. It's no big deal.

Speaking of nerdy RPGs of a slightly different sort: what do you think of that Hussite Bohemia RPG coming out soon? Kingdom Come: Deliverance it is called. You can butcher Tamas' ancestors by the bushel.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2017, 04:03:01 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2017, 03:44:57 PM

It is a pretty niche genre these super nerdy RPGs. It's no big deal.

Speaking of nerdy RPGs of a slightly different sort: what do you think of that Hussite Bohemia RPG coming out soon? Kingdom Come: Deliverance it is called. You can butcher Tamas' ancestors by the bushel.

Hey now, Hungary is responsible for something pretty important.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2017, 04:10:16 PM

Really important. So very important.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2017, 04:29:37 PM

Without Hungary, there would be no garbon. :contract:

Valmy

Ah.

Well there are also Cuman mercenaries if you prefer to spare you and Tamas' people.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2017, 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2017, 04:29:37 PM

Without Hungary, there would be no garbon. :contract:

Let me guess:  your parents met in a restaurant.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!