The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2012, 11:54:43 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2012, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2012, 11:30:52 AM
What, never heard the Peter Principle?

Yes.  But that is a far cry from the medocrity that labor unions fight for, encourage, and even enforce.

Sounds like you are operating from flaw preconceptions.

In the real world of private businesses, organizations that are intelligently run WANT their employee to be successful;  organizations that aren't intelligently run either want their employee to be mediocre, or just don't give a shit one way or the other.  I've worked for both types.

alfred russel

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2012, 09:45:32 PM
Even the language is rediculously archaic.  "#1 Geopolitical Enemy?"  It's Early Reagan Manichaeism.

Only on Languish would someone disparage a comment as "ridiculously archaic" while also labeling it as "manichaeism."  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on September 04, 2012, 01:02:31 PM

Yes.  But that is a far cry from the medocrity that labor unions fight for, encourage, and even enforce.

In the real world of private businesses, organizations that are intelligently run WANT their employee to be successful;  organizations that aren't intelligently run either want their employee to be mediocre, or just don't give a shit one way or the other.  I've worked for both types.

You know, public services are in the real world as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2012, 05:32:51 AM
QuoteThe Democratic convention schedule for Tuesday is out and it includes a coveted 10 o'clock slot for a certain 20162024 contender:

Keynote Address
    The Honorable Julián Castro
    Mayor of San Antonio, Texas

Fuck all y'all.  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Viking

Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2012, 03:41:08 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2012, 09:45:32 PM
Even the language is rediculously archaic.  "#1 Geopolitical Enemy?"  It's Early Reagan Manichaeism.

Only on Languish would someone disparage a comment as "ridiculously archaic" while also labeling it as "manichaeism."  :)

No, only on Languish would one worry about a Bogomilist thread hijack once these words were mentioned.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2012, 04:46:37 PM
Quote from: dps on September 04, 2012, 01:02:31 PM

You know, public services are in the real world as well.

I didn't say anything about public services.  I have worked in the public sector, but never in position where I had to join a union, nor in a position where I had to deal with unionized subordinates.

Camerus

Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2012, 09:16:18 AM
In Obama's own words, he felt like a "spy behind enemy lines" when he briefly worked a real job for a private company.

Preach on, brother.

But thank God there are leaders with "real-life" acumen, like George W. Bush, to guide us through the darkness. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 04, 2012, 06:19:10 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2012, 09:16:18 AM
In Obama's own words, he felt like a "spy behind enemy lines" when he briefly worked a real job for a private company.

Preach on, brother.

But thank God there are leaders with "real-life" acumen, like George W. Bush, to guide us through the darkness.

I miss Dubya.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Someone has been reading GOP propaganda sites religiously this week.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Chicago sucks and deep dish pizza sucks.

- Stonewall Jackson

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2012, 07:41:39 PM
Chicago sucks and deep dish pizza sucks.

- Stonewall Jackson

Stonewall Jackson couldn't even get north of maryland, I doubt he would know.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger