The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2012, 10:24:36 PM
You're confused, Siege.  Leave English grammar to English-speakers.
That's a pretty brutal thing for a hippy-flippy guy who goes around picking up languages from cultures that he proceeds to idolize above his own to say.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2012, 05:32:51 AM
QuoteThe Democratic convention schedule for Tuesday is out and it includes a coveted 10 o'clock slot for a certain 2016 contender:

The Honorable Martin O'Malley
    Governor of Maryland

:thumbsup:  Is he gonna tell us we're not better off than 4 years ago and then tell us we are?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

QuoteThe Democratic convention schedule for Tuesday is out and it includes a coveted 10 o'clock slot for a certain 2016 contender:

Governor of Maryland

Introduction of Keynote Speaker Julián Castro
    Joaquin Castro
    Brother of Mayor Julián Castro
    Candidate for the US House of Representatives, Texas

Keynote Address
    The Honorable Julián Castro
    Mayor of San Antonio, Texas

Michelle Obama Video and Remarks
    Elaine Brye

Remarks
    Michelle Obama
    First Lady of the United States

So they have a guy named Castro speaking in support of a guy who is named Hussein and whose last name sounds a lot like Osama? They should have gone the whole hog and find fellow speakers Mao and Stalin.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2012, 09:09:01 AM

Governor of Maryland

:thumbsup:  Is he gonna tell us we're not better off than 4 years ago and then tell us we are?

I know I'm not.  Fucking Irish traitor.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2012, 06:07:34 PM
Shockingly, the statement that Tamas parroted is not even true.  Obama worked at law firms when he was in law school, and the university where he was a lecturer was private as well.

Oh, man.  That sounds a lot like the real world so many of us can relate to.

In Obama's own words, he felt like a "spy behind enemy lines" when he briefly worked a real job for a private company.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Career politicians are becoming more and more common unfortunately.  But maybe that is necessary.  Government is so much bigger and complex now and none are bigger or more complex than the Executive Branch of the United States.

Still it creates a certain mentality.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2012, 09:16:18 AM
In Obama's own words, he felt like a "spy behind enemy lines" when he briefly worked a real job for a private company.

So did I.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2012, 09:17:49 AM
Career politicians are becoming more and more common unfortunately.  But maybe that is necessary.  Government is so much bigger and complex now and none are bigger or more complex than the Executive Branch of the United States.

Still it creates a certain mentality.

I don't like it, and if there's one thing that makes me uneasy about Ryan it's that he's a career politician.  Hearing a career pol talk about their life of "public service" makes me want to vomit.  I've always been against federal term limits for senators & congressmen, but I'm starting to wonder if that might help clean up our system a little.

DGuller

Yes, it makes so much more sense to have amateur know-nothings running the biggest organization in the world.  At least they have "real life experience".  :rolleyes:

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2012, 09:32:40 AM
Yes, it makes so much more sense to have amateur know-nothings running the biggest organization in the world.  At least they have "real life experience".  :rolleyes:

We saw how amateurs did in the debt ceiling fight.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Yeah, we all can so relate to being a CEO of a corporate chop shop.  Now that's the kind of experience that schmoes like you can relate to.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2012, 09:32:40 AM

The public sector is a world in itself. It operates under different conditions than the private sector. The latter is the real world. I don't want amateurs running any country, but a career politican ends up deciding on stuff he never really experienced, precisely because he has been on the track of being the detached aristocracy of his world since college.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2012, 09:34:56 AM
Yeah, we all can so relate to being a CEO of a corporate chop shop.  Now that's the kind of experience that schmoes like you can relate to.

uh-oh! rich people! we will get cooties!