The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Even the language is rediculously archaic.  "#1 Geopolitical Enemy?"  It's Early Reagan Manichaeism. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

I see spellus getting his slavic marching orders from DG. I'm on to you two.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

My Russian is shitty enough right now that it'd take 20 minutes for me to decode them.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2012, 09:42:55 PM
Who's our #1 geopolitical enemy, considering both power and ferocity?  Whether Russia is #1 is debatable, but it being in the top 2 isn't.

China.  Russia is more obstructionist than tangible threat.  They've become what the Chinese were 20 years ago: a pain in the ass in the Security Council, nothing more.*

*Unless, of course, you're a former member of the Soviet Union.

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on September 03, 2012, 10:57:15 AM
I can't believe GOPtards are running with the "you didn't build this" remark - to anyone who saw the speech, it's obvious what he meant (i.e. that roads, infrastructure etc. which helps businesses wasn't built by the business owners). Can't they really latch on to something remotely true?

What are you talking about? Business owners pay taxes, which are used among other things to build infrastructure.
Therefore we all built that, including the business owners.

Besides, in the speech it was clear to me that he didn;t meant the infrastructures, but the business itself. He was clearing saying that success didn't belong to the business owners.

It was truly ridicoulus.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Queequeg

You're confused, Siege.  Leave English grammar to English-speakers.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2012, 09:53:58 PM
Who's our #1 geopolitical enemy, considering both power and ferocity?  Whether Russia is #1 is debatable, but it being in the top 2 isn't.

China.  Russia is more obstructionist than tangible threat.  They've become what the Chinese were 20 years ago: a pain in the ass in the Security Council, nothing more.*

Well, nukes aside, no one can threaten us, so obstructionists move to the top of the pile.  Russia has shown time and again that no piece of shit is too distasteful to support, if it means sticking it to US.  The only exception is Qaddafi, and that was only because Vlad was busy taking a difficult shit when Medvedev got called up by the coalition.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on September 03, 2012, 06:10:00 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 03, 2012, 05:56:35 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 03, 2012, 11:08:57 AM
Obama has only worked in the public sector, and as thus highly suspectible of just not having a clue about the real world
Funny, you could say the same thing about the Private sector.
I don't think anybody says that.

Well perhaps not on the Reservation where you live.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2012, 10:40:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2012, 09:53:58 PM

Well, nukes aside, no one can threaten us, so obstructionists move to the top of the pile.  Russia has shown time and again that no piece of shit is too distasteful to support, if it means sticking it to US.  The only exception is Qaddafi, and that was only because Vlad was busy taking a difficult shit when Medvedev got called up by the coalition.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.  The Chinese will fuck with us whenever it serves their interests, whereas the Russians seem to have decided to just fuck with us on everything even when it doesn't serve any of their interests.  The problem is that it serves China's interests (or, rather, the interests of China's rulers) to fuck with us on pretty much everything.

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2012, 09:36:21 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 03, 2012, 11:08:57 AM
Obama has only worked in the public sector, and as thus highly suspectible of just not having a clue about the real world
So you have a Presidential Candidate who believes that Magical Jews came over in an almond-shaped boat in 600 BCE and colonized Central America without leaving a trace and that a randomly chosen Utah octogenarian talks to God, and he's the one with a clue about the "real world" because he worked in the private sector 15 years ago?  Even if you ignore the Mormonism (which is stupid, cause it's  toxic) this is the man who said that Russia is our #1 geopolitical enemy and would outsource our Mid-East Policy to Avigdor Lieberman.  He doesn't have a rat's cunthair of a clue about the "real world".

Tribalism :rolleyes: Just because I voiced a concern regarding Obama, it doesn't automatically mean that I kiss the ground that creepy robot mormon walks on.

Jaron

In America, it is one or the other. This isn't a European system where you have a dozen candidates. This is the Greens and the Blues. Simple as that. It's a line Tamas. The best you can do is stand on it and be undecided but once you step to one person's side you are by definition opposed to the other.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2012, 10:24:36 PM

Just because your guy ad-libbed and fucked up his line is not good cause to insult Seeb.  And if you're going to anyway, it would help if the insults made sense.

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on September 04, 2012, 12:51:19 AM
In America, it is one or the other. This isn't a European system where you have a dozen candidates. This is the Greens and the Blues. Simple as that. It's a line Tamas. The best you can do is stand on it and be undecided but once you step to one person's side you are by definition opposed to the other.

Well, technically, you don't even vote on the candidate do you? You vote on which guy in your area will get to vote on the candidate.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 04, 2012, 01:15:15 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2012, 10:24:36 PM

Just because your guy ad-libbed and fucked up his line is not good cause to insult Seeb.  And if you're going to anyway, it would help if the insults made sense.

no shit. This is the first time I saw Marty being called an English-speaker

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe Democratic convention schedule for Tuesday is out and it includes a coveted 10 o'clock slot for a certain 2016 contender:

The Honorable Martin O'Malley
    Governor of Maryland

Introduction of Keynote Speaker Julián Castro
    Joaquin Castro
    Brother of Mayor Julián Castro
    Candidate for the US House of Representatives, Texas

Keynote Address
    The Honorable Julián Castro
    Mayor of San Antonio, Texas

Michelle Obama Video and Remarks
    Elaine Brye

Remarks