And we're back!

Main Menu

{+5 jockstrap} RPG's Y'all!

Started by Ed Anger, August 29, 2012, 01:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 31, 2012, 03:01:42 PM
Ugh, TNE. The virus bullshit.

The virus was... okay.  I viewed it as a Deus Ex Machine which re-set the universe.  The Rebellion had painted itself into a corner, ironically with the Hard Times book you used as an avatar.  It showed that nobody was going to win the war and things were just deteriorating for everyone.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Barrister

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Still can't touch the expanse and complete fucked-upedness of the Warhammer 40K universe.

The Brain

Hatred is the Emperor's greatest gift to humanity.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Pro Tip: When loading pdf's on an iPad, don't turn on wi-fi sync. It will kill your ping.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 01, 2012, 03:36:58 PM
Still can't touch the expanse and complete fucked-upedness of the Warhammer 40K universe.

Meh.  Not exactly apples and oranges, but perhaps oranges and lemons - two different flavours of citrus.

WH40K is epic space fantasy.

Traveller is has harder science and is more space opera than anything else.

And while Traveller has largely been pining for the fjords since GDW went under in the mid 90s, that still gave it almost 20 years of development and history behind it.  WH40K hasn't been around nearly as long, and still hasn't equalled the years of creative output and development that Traveller had.

CountDeMoney

Bah, WH40K'a only been around since 1987, and while Traveller may be crunchier, the sheer brutal and unmitigated horror of the WH40K universe trumps it.
It's like playing in the middle of the cut scenes of Event Horizon:P

Razgovory

I kinda of found 40k silly rather then dark.  It really feels like something aimed at 15 year old boys.  I guess if you are into overwrought purple prose drama, it's okay.  Some of the models are good though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2012, 06:40:19 PM
I kinda of found 40k silly rather then dark.  It really feels like something aimed at 15 year old boys. 

:blurgh: :blurgh: :blurgh: :blurgh: :blurgh: :blurgh: :blurgh: