News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

{+5 jockstrap} RPG's Y'all!

Started by Ed Anger, August 29, 2012, 01:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I can't find Seedy's old RPG thread and I don't want to hijack other threads.

Thanks to that fucker Seedy mentioning Space:1889, I've been on a buying binge online. GURPS sourcebooks, and other assorted shit.

Question is, Is that Savage Worlds one any good? You kids and your new RPG books.

Also, after a break of several months I persuaded my friends to re-start the Paranoia game via message board. Time to shove people communists into feces processors!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

:lol:  First wargame binging, and now RPGs. I Jedi mindfuck you into adopting street cats, and I get a hat trick.

IIRC, Jacob is a big fan of Savage Worlds.  But I may be incorrect.

Ed Anger

Did you know the Space 1889 pdf is only 8 bucks? I DO NOW. $$

:mad:

CountDeMoney

You ought to check out the Twilight:2000/2300 stuff.  Those bundles are practically a give away.

Ed Anger

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2012, 02:03:06 PM
You ought to check out the Twilight:2000/2300 stuff.  Those bundles are practically a give away.

Link me, s'il vous plais.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=23

Take it from there.  Check out the Twilight:2013 reboot as well.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2012, 03:58:29 PM

I took a look at it.  Twilight 2000 had some silly shit in it (Italy attacks Austria or something, Mexico goes to war with the US), but the 2013 setting is just one bizarre absurdity after another.  France declares ware on Belarus and launches a nuclear strike.  Russia moves into Belarus and launches a nuclear attack on France.  France launches back but for some reason the US anti-ballistic missile is activated to stop the French nukes from hitting Russia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2012, 04:56:43 PM
I took a look at it.  Twilight 2000 had some silly shit in it

ITS NOT YOUR GENERATION MAN

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2012, 03:58:29 PM

ZOMG they have the complete Journal of the Traveller's Aid Society.  I hunted used bookstores for a few years for those, don't think I have more than 8-10 though.

But hell - for being PDFs they're not all that cheap...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

DAMMIT. Just noticed the bundle of Challenge magazines. Being a GDW fanboy, I'm finding that impossible to resist.

SHIT.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2012, 05:11:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2012, 04:56:43 PM
I took a look at it.  Twilight 2000 had some silly shit in it

ITS NOT YOUR GENERATION MAN

Source is the US census bureau.

Raz: born 1981.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Hansmeister

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 29, 2012, 01:53:40 PM
I can't find Seedy's old RPG thread and I don't want to hijack other threads.

Thanks to that fucker Seedy mentioning Space:1889, I've been on a buying binge online. GURPS sourcebooks, and other assorted shit.

Question is, Is that Savage Worlds one any good? You kids and your new RPG books.

Also, after a break of several months I persuaded my friends to re-start the Paranoia game via message board. Time to shove people communists into feces processors!
I had mentioned Space 1889, I played the Savage World edition and it is a great system.  We actually combined it with Deadwood since it takes place during the same time period to give players more options for characters.  Savage Worlds is a simple, yet elegant system.

Razgovory