And we're back!

Main Menu

{+5 jockstrap} RPG's Y'all!

Started by Ed Anger, August 29, 2012, 01:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 03, 2012, 12:39:15 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2012, 03:37:26 PM
40k is so dark as to be almost ridiculous.  Out of all the peoples of the universe, only the Eldar aren't morally abhorrent.
:yeahright:

The Tau are more like space communists, and I find them the least evil (though they would rate quite high on the evil meter in real life).

In the spirit of this thread...

SolSec is watching you after that comment.  :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

That was something interesting about Traveller, that even the local humans were different.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

There are nice guys in 40k. People who practice freedom, enlightenment etc. Traitors and heretics all.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

I read GURPS Ice Age 3rd Edition recently. It was pretty good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

GURPS sourcebooks are pretty good, though scholarship could be a little better.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 03, 2012, 11:09:05 AM
That was something interesting about Traveller, that even the local humans were different.

I remember buying Alien Module 6: Solomani, and having my 11 year old mind blown when I realized that humans from earth were not the be-all and end-all of the Third Imperium...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Earlier this year I bought me some Space:1889 and HârnMaster. Didn't play them back in the day but whatever.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

So like Beeb, I read the 1248 traveller sourcebook. Holy crap, that is some bleak shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on September 04, 2012, 09:03:16 AM
Earlier this year I bought me some Space:1889 and HârnMaster. Didn't play them back in the day but whatever.

Harn, the best system that nobody played.

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 10, 2012, 02:35:56 PM

Yeah.  That one had a really neat system, but god you are going to need the whole table covered in charts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on September 11, 2012, 02:38:01 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 10, 2012, 02:35:56 PM

Yeah.  That one had a really neat system, but god you are going to need the whole table covered in charts.

Naw, I think you are confusing that with Rolemaster.

Harn had a very straight forward system.  It was the world that was detailed.

Razgovory

The Brain

Played some Call of Cthulhu for the first time in years. :)

Ed Anger

I cast Necro thread!

Anyways, I got the 3145 book for Battletech, and damn, the munchkin factions get hammered. Davion and Steiner fanboys won't like it.

I laughed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive