American Academy of Pediatrics: Benefits of Circumcision Outweigh Risks

Started by jimmy olsen, August 28, 2012, 12:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2012, 12:15:01 AM
:cool:

Given that the benefits were noticed in Africa and you live in the frigid north I am not so sure you should be so happy about mutilating your son.  Besides you are going to teach him about the benefits of using a condom right?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2012, 11:51:11 AM
Quote from: Maximus on August 28, 2012, 11:50:12 AM
I'm also rather wary of making irreversible and unnecessary choices on behalf of children.

Actually it can grow back if you do not roll back the foreskin and make sure it never re-adheres.

And women who are rarely get pregnant.

Who performs a chop job in such a way that it will grow back?

garbon

I'm also rather wary of making irreversible and unnecessary choices on behalf of children.

But those happen all the time. Sure they don't involved a minor surgical procedure, but they are still made.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 11:57:17 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2012, 12:15:01 AM
:cool:

Given that the benefits were noticed in Africa and you live in the frigid north I am not so sure you should be so happy about mutilating your son.  Besides you are going to teach him about the benefits of using a condom right?

I didn't do it for the health benefits though - I did it to annoy the Germans.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2012, 12:00:22 PM

But those happen all the time. Sure they don't involved a minor surgical procedure, but they are still made.

Give me an example that would be equivalent of removing a part of the body.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:01:09 PM

I would think that raising a child in religion, which language you speak to them, where you send them to school, whether you read to them or not, what kind of food you feed them - all are far more important than the presence of absence of a foreskin.

garbon

I think decisions parents make about how they raise their children play a much bigger impact in their child's life (i.e. long-reaching effects that sure a person can work to overcome but not everyone does) over the presence or absence of a little piece of skin.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2012, 12:03:33 PM
I would think that raising a child in religion, which language you speak to them, where you send them to school, whether you read to them or not, what kind of food you feed them - all are far more important than the presence of absence of a foreskin.

Yep, exactly. :hug:

crazy canuck

Ok so you are comparing a chop job to decisions related to withholding food and education.  I think my work here is done.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2012, 11:51:11 AM

Actually it can grow back if you do not roll back the foreskin and make sure it never re-adheres.

From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate circumcision, the male body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:07:22 PM

Ok so you are comparing a chop job to decisions related to withholding food and education.  I think my work here is done.

Try again.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:07:22 PM

Was your work to make yourself look crazy? :unsure:

Obviously education and nutrition (/dietary habits) play a larger role in a person's life than a little skin.