Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2012, 12:09:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:07:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2012, 12:03:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:01:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2012, 12:00:22 PM
Quote from: Maximus on August 28, 2012, 11:50:12 AM
I'm also rather wary of making irreversible and unnecessary choices on behalf of children.

But those happen all the time. Sure they don't involved a minor surgical procedure, but they are still made.

Give me an example that would be equivalent of removing a part of the body.

I would think that raising a child in religion, which language you speak to them, where you send them to school, whether you read to them or not, what kind of food you feed them - all are far more important than the presence of absence of a foreskin.

Ok so you are comparing a chop job to decisions related to withholding food and education.  I think my work here is done.

Try again.

Are you seriously telling me that a decision about whether to buy a bananna or an apple is equivalent to choping off a body part.  No wonder you were able to do it with that kind of justification in mind.  ;)

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 12:07:37 PM
From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate circumcision, the male body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

That certainly flies in the face of what my doctors have been telling me <_<

It is clearly common enough to be mentioned when one is performed for whatever reason.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:11:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2012, 12:09:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:07:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:01:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2012, 12:00:22 PM
Quote from: Maximus on August 28, 2012, 11:50:12 AM
I'm also rather wary of making irreversible and unnecessary choices on behalf of children.

But those happen all the time. Sure they don't involved a minor surgical procedure, but they are still made.

Give me an example that would be equivalent of removing a part of the body.

I would think that raising a child in religion, which language you speak to them, where you send them to school, whether you read to them or not, what kind of food you feed them - all are far more important than the presence of absence of a foreskin.

Ok so you are comparing a chop job to decisions related to withholding food and education.  I think my work here is done.

Try again.

Are you seriously telling me that a decision about whether to buy a bananna or an apple is equivalent to choping off a body part.  No wonder you were able to do it with that kind of justification in mind.  ;)

I am seriously telling you that consistently feeding your child bananas and apples, rather than candy bars and ice cream, is far more important to a child than the presence or absence of a foreskin.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Okay, CC-troll. Time to get back in your cage. Scoot now. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2012, 12:11:49 PM
From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate circumcision, the male body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Valmy, I've never heard of that myself.

garbon

It is clearly common enough to be mentioned when one is performed for whatever reason.

I listened to my body and it told me that you are wrong.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2012, 12:13:33 PM

Seedy clearly just wanted to reference Akin for an unknown reason.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2012, 12:14:53 PM

Ah.  *whoosh*   :Embarrass:

Valmy

I only wish I was able to chop off a few fingers and toes.  The fewer body parts the little guy has to worry about the better.

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on August 28, 2012, 11:42:06 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2012, 11:38:35 AM
I could go all Burkean and tell you why tradition is an excellent reason to do something...
Max believes exactly the opposite.

We often disagree on this.  :ph34r:
Do you feel that his background in traditionalist cults might have some effect on him in this regard?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2012, 12:14:53 PM

Ah crap I missed that.  Good one Seedy.

Maximus

Yes, as I said, I'm wary of, not necessarily opposed to.

Maximus

:lol: