Missouri Republican: 'Legitimate rape' rarely causes pregnancy

Started by CountDeMoney, August 20, 2012, 07:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 09:22:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2012, 09:12:08 AM
What's sad is that you're acting as though this is really relevant to the campaign and that they are stumbling around for an answer.  They've already established that they don't agree with his comments so isn't hard to imagine that they'd continue in that vein...and that's hardly interesting.

They're going to be playing damage control all week;  they're not going to have a choice in the matter.

Damage control with the response already formulated isn't interesting - so I don't see why you are so excited.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

After all this isn't one of those cases where Obama needed months to distance himself from hateful things said by associates.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

My Health teacher in high school (a really nice guy but very religious) tried to tell us that rape doesn't result in pregnancy because the rapist almost never ejaculates. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2012, 09:29:09 AM
My Health teacher in high school (a really nice guy but very religious) tried to tell us that rape doesn't result in pregnancy because the rapist almost never ejaculates.

:lol: 

That's pretty funny.  Pretty sad, but pretty funny.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 09:33:09 AM

:lol: 

That's pretty funny.  Pretty sad, but pretty funny.

The few of us in class who were listening looked at each other as if to say 'WTF' but nobody said anything.  Coach May was a nice guy until you pushed on of his buttons, and that was likely to have been one of them.

edit: He had a really hott daughter one year younger than me, but hardly anyone wanted to date her out of fear (or possibly respect) of him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Maybe your teacher had performance anxiety?

Viking

It's not funny, this is disgusting. He is doing what the mormons call lying for the lord. And yes, it is doctrine. He is lying or somebody else he trusts is lying vicariously through him so that people don't use condoms and to try to justify to himself that rape babies aren't really rape babies, but lying jezibel babies. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

"Believe me kids, and I speak from years of experience - rape ain't worth it. Doesn't get you off most of the time."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2012, 09:28:14 AM
After all this isn't one of those cases where Obama needed months to distance himself from hateful things said by associates.

Are you talking about the priest from the church Obama used to go to? Because if so, it is a really shitty case of intellectual dishonesty to compare that to actual stuff said by a political nominee running for the office from the same party as you do.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on August 20, 2012, 09:48:29 AM

Are you talking about the priest from the church Obama used to go to? Because if so, it is a really shitty case of intellectual dishonesty to compare that to actual stuff said by a political nominee running for the office from the same party as you do.

Well, I would imagine someone would have a closer relationship with his pastor than some guy who just happens to have the same party affiliation. 

I'm not sure what you expect Romney to do.  Romney's not the boss of the GOP, and even if he were it's not like he could kick the guy off the ballot with the snap of his fingers.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2012, 09:55:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 20, 2012, 09:48:29 AM

Well, I would imagine someone would have a closer relationship with his pastor than some guy who just happens to have the same party affiliation. 

I'm not sure what you expect Romney to do.  Romney's not the boss of the GOP, and even if he were it's not like he could kick the guy off the ballot with the snap of his fingers.

Indeed.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2012, 09:55:37 AM

Yeah, actually he is the new boss of the GOP.  That's part of the perks being the party's presidential nominee. 
But the nice thing about Mittens inexperience of being a politician is that he refuses to take a leadership position with his party, allowing the Democrats to define him instead.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 10:16:30 AM
Yeah, actually he is the new boss of the GOP.  That's part of the perks being the party's presidential nominee. 
But the nice thing about Mittens inexperience of being a politician is that he refuses to take a leadership position with his party, allowing the Democrats to define him instead.

He won't be be the party leader until/unless he wins the general election.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2012, 10:19:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 10:16:30 AM

He won't be be the party leader until/unless he wins the general election.

Bullshit.
But if you want to be happy thinking it's Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor or Reince Priebus, be my guest.

Berkut

It doesn't matter whether or not Seedy considers him the party leader.

The issue is a flash in the pan. Some random Republican saying something stupid has at best minor impact on the Presidential nominee, just like the reverse has minimal impact.

You do your damage control, and move along. The guy doesn't have any direct connection with Romney.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned