Racism alive and well in Mississippi:Black pipple can't marry in whitey's church

Started by Syt, July 29, 2012, 08:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 29, 2012, 09:30:44 PMThe Catholic Church may have its issues, but at least its priests are fucking professionally educated on a level rarely seen in other religions.

Not in Poland, they aren't. And I think this is why you guys do not get my hatred of Catholicism - in protestant countries, Catholicism is an intellectual religion, with fairly good education. In Poland it is a popular religion, with priests being recruited mainly from rural social climbers. All you have to do is hate Jews and like to fiddle with kids, and you are good to go.

Incidentally, I meant to ask Sheilbh about it - I think there are now plenty of Polish priests being relocated to the UK, to help prevent the "secularisation" - do they also preach to the general populace or just the Polish immigrants? If the former, how they are doing?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Martinus

Also, I supported your crazy ass in the nepotism thread - why are you taking pot shots here?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2012, 01:01:29 AM
Also, I supported your crazy ass in the nepotism thread - why are you taking pot shots here?

Cause I dislike you shrill anti-religion screeds.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HVC

I thought the priestly standards were pretty universal in the catholic church, education wise. What does a priest need to do to become a priest in poland?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on July 30, 2012, 01:22:57 AM
I thought the priestly standards were pretty universal in the catholic church, education wise. What does a priest need to do to become a priest in poland?

Ok, I typed two snarky replies before posting this:

Polish priests need to do the same in Poland to become priests as they do in any other place: graduate from a local Catholic seminar run by the local Catholic church, and then take the vows. Please read what I wrote and then read what you wrote again and realize why your post seems to be based on rather naive assumptions.

Hint: The education of doctors from the UK and from Bangladesh is not necessarily the same even if they both need to graduate from a medical school.

Razgovory

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2012, 02:40:27 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 30, 2012, 01:22:57 AM

Ok, I typed two snarky replies before posting this:

Polish priests need to do the same in Poland to become priests as they do in any other place: graduate from a local Catholic seminar run by the local Catholic church, and then take the vows. Please read what I wrote and then read what you wrote again and realize why your post seems to be based on rather naive assumptions.

Hint: The education of doctors from the UK and from Bangladesh is not necessarily the same even if they both need to graduate from a medical school.
snarky? you? never! :P

One would assume, perhaps incorrectly, that a church run seminary would have the same standards across the world. a bangladeshi university has nothing to do with a UK school and are not run by the same organization.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

What i was trying to say is that a dumb pole* from a rural community and and more urban priest from a western country would attain the same education, unlike his protty counterpart with a mail in degree, which i believe is what OvB's original point was.

*make your own joke :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on July 30, 2012, 03:03:18 AM
What i was trying to say is that a dumb pole* from a rural community and and more urban priest from a western country would attain the same education, unlike his protty counterpart with a mail in degree, which i believe is what OvB's original point was.

*make your own joke :lol:

Nah. I don't know to what degree the curriculum is the same across the catholic church, but definitely the quality of educators and the expectations they have of the students must vary. Perhaps you may also be confusing the quality of Catholic universities and seminars for Catholic priests - which are entirely different things.s

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2012, 08:57:49 PM
Protestants are weird like that.
They get their mileage out of outrage and feelings of victimization rather than education.
PDH!

Martinus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 30, 2012, 06:49:47 AM
They get their mileage out of outrage and feelings of victimization rather than education.

It's funny how this is true for Catholics here. So I think this has very little to do with your denomination and more with the kind of mindset that turns people to religion these days.

Iormlund

There's also another problem for the Church regarding education: diminishing talent pool.

For centuries they could draw from the best society had to offer. Nowadays, recruits in Europe are not exactly la creme de la creme.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2012, 07:23:01 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 30, 2012, 06:49:47 AM
It's funny how this is true for Catholics here. So I think this has very little to do with your denomination and more with the kind of mindset that turns people to religion these days.
What?  You're the same fucking guy.  Your only joy in life is to feel like a martyr.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.