20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: stjaba on July 20, 2012, 07:11:34 PM
I've seen some idiots post on facebook that the massacre would have been stopped if a member of the audience had a gun.

I gotta say I disagree. I would bet my money on the individual wearing body armor, armed with an assault rifle, and wearing a gas mask after having fired tear gas.

You are wrong.
The dude in body armor have a shitload of targets, the dude with a handgun just need to hold his breath, keep his cool, and walk to the shooter and shoot him in the face. Walking through the bullets work every time against untrained bad guys, despite of what you might think.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Fate on July 20, 2012, 07:12:48 PM
I've seen some idiots post on facebook that the massacre would have been stopped if a member of the audience had a gun.

I gotta say I disagree. I would bet my money on the individual wearing body armor, armed with an assault rifle, and wearing a gas mask after having fired tear gas.

But they've all had 100 hours of practice on Call of Duty.  :lol:

My roommate owns a tricked out AR-15. What the hell is the point of that gun except for fighting an armed insurrection against the government or committing mass murder?

If you can't understand the point of owning guns, then don't.
It is not mandatory.
The fact that you cannot understand, doesn't mean there is something wrong with owning guns.

stjaba

Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2012, 07:20:23 PM

You are wrong.

The dude in body armor have a shitload of targets, the dude with a handgun just need to hold his breath, keep his cool, and walk to the shooter and shoot him in the face. Walking through the bullets work every time against untrained bad guys, despite of what you might think.

You think that it  is realistic that someone could do that while incapacitated with tear gas in a dark room?

Fate

Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2012, 07:22:40 PM

My roommate owns a tricked out AR-15. What the hell is the point of that gun except for fighting an armed insurrection against the government or committing mass murder?

If you can't understand the point of owning guns, then don't.
It is not mandatory.
The fact that you cannot understand, doesn't mean there is something wrong with owning guns.

I have no clue what you're trying to say. Can you please rephrase it in English?

CountDeMoney

We've missed you all day, Siegy.  8 pages before you debut your batshitness?  You're slipping, soldier.

jimmy olsen

How :tinfoil: is your roommate? Maybe he's afraid of alien abductions or the zombie apocalypse.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Might be useful in a stampede of bison as well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 07:24:51 PM
We've missed you all day, Siegy.  8 pages before you debut your batshitness?  You're slipping, soldier.

I work for a living, you fag.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2012, 07:32:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 07:24:51 PM

I work for a living, you fag.

No, you're in the Army.  Marines work for a living.

Ideologue

Quote from: stjaba on July 20, 2012, 07:23:12 PM

You are wrong.

You think that it  is realistic that someone could do that while incapacitated with tear gas in a dark room?

I particularly like the part where Siege does not understand the mechanism by which tear gas functions.

Quote"When people say, 'You say there's a God, where is god in all of this?' Well, you know, we don't let–in fact we've threatened high school graduation participants that if they use God's name that they're going to be jailed," Gohmert said. "'Where is God?' Well, what have we done with God? We've told him we don't want him around. And I kind of like his protective hand being present."

You know what bothers me so much about the "persecuted Christian" is that they just make up the most unbelievably malign shit to bolster their arguments.  Lying is a sin; you can read more about it in the BIBLE.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

You are wrong.

Dude, in basic training, and I mean BASIC, the first fucking month in the Army, you get put in a dark room, no gas mask, some asshole Drill Sergeant drops a couple canisters of tear gas, and you have to hold for what seems like forever. Then you are allow to put your mask on, breathe out the gas inside the mask, and then when you have you mask on correctly, all gas out of your mask, then you are allow to walk out of the room.

And that ain't nothing. I have accurately fired my weapon and taken out the enemy right after being blown the fuck out, almost blind, definitively deaf, and totally disoriented. If my old lousy ass can do it, you can be sure any highspeed 20 year old with the proper military training can do it. Like I always tell my boys, keep your cool, that's the single most important thing in a firefight, to keep it together. If you can think straight, you can shoot straight.

CountDeMoney

I think it's utterly adorable that Siegy believes a Soccer Mom with a .380 in her purse or Caliga would be able to successfully engage a suspect within the context of this scenario as well as "any highspeed 20 year old with the proper military training".

Siege

Quote from: Ideologue on July 20, 2012, 07:37:17 PM

You are wrong.

I particularly like the part where Siege does not understand the mechanism by which tear gas functions.

You can see with tear gas. And if you hold your breath, the speed at which the gas enter your body diminish, as well as the effects.
If you breathe it in all full, you are done.

Easy trick: spit on the neck of your shirt, and cover your mouth and nose with the wet neck.
Can you spit this much?  :P

Ideologue

I carry my gasmask everywhere since UC Davis.

Yeah.  That's the reason.  It's certainly not a sexual thing. :shifty:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 07:47:56 PM
I think it's utterly adorable that Siegy believes a Soccer Mom with a .380 in her purse or Caliga would be able to successfully engage a suspect within the context of this scenario as well as "any highspeed 20 year old with the proper military training".

Well, if you own a gun, you are suppossed to have at least a minimum training.
Shoot the fucker with the big gun shooting randomly!!!

Besides, gas doens't move that fast. I bet the stampede moved faster than the gas.