20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2012, 07:54:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 07:47:56 PM
I think it's utterly adorable that Siegy believes a Soccer Mom with a .380 in her purse or Caliga would be able to successfully engage a suspect within the context of this scenario as well as "any highspeed 20 year old with the proper military training".

Well, if you own a gun, you are suppossed to have at least a minimum training.
Shoot the fucker with the big gun shooting randomly!!!

Doesn't work that way, and you know it.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 07:57:22 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 20, 2012, 07:54:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 07:47:56 PM
I think it's utterly adorable that Siegy believes a Soccer Mom with a .380 in her purse or Caliga would be able to successfully engage a suspect within the context of this scenario as well as "any highspeed 20 year old with the proper military training".

Well, if you own a gun, you are suppossed to have at least a minimum training.
Shoot the fucker with the big gun shooting randomly!!!

Doesn't work that way, and you know it.

Yeah well, there are plenty of ranges around to train.
Though I get your point.
My wife would have certainly frozen in place, the gun forgotten in her purse.
Then she would have run, the purse forgotten at her seat.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: katmai on July 20, 2012, 07:58:08 PM
Siege is dumber than a bag of bricks.

And very proud.

Got to go.
Shabbat about to start.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Ironically enough, I think I'd trust Siegy with a bag of bricks in that theater.  :ph34r:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 20, 2012, 08:06:06 PM
I wouldn't trust siege anywhere.

He's kinda like Blaster.  Just stay on top of him, and he's good.  Then, when it's time to go Thunderdome, you let 'em go. 

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Is this the same Canadian who almost took one in Toronto, or was there some sort of Canadian convention going on in Aurora?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

stjaba

There have been several news reports that extremely loud music began playing at the suspect's apartment at 12:00 AM and ceased almost immediately at 1:00 AM. I wonder if that was supposed to be some sort of distraction. Maybe he figured one of the neighbors would call the cops, who would enter the apartment and thereby set off his booby trap explosives.

KRonn

Quote from: stjaba on July 20, 2012, 08:52:23 PM
There have been several news reports that extremely loud music began playing at the suspect's apartment at 12:00 AM and ceased almost immediately at 1:00 AM. I wonder if that was supposed to be some sort of distraction. Maybe he figured one of the neighbors would call the cops, who would enter the apartment and thereby set off his booby trap explosives.
Yeah, I heard that on the news, and the speculation is that getting someone to enter his apartment and trigger a booby trap was part of his plan.

Cops are there now trying to find and disarm traps in the apartment. I say to force the puke to go in first and trigger the traps. If they have trouble getting him to go in tie him up and put him on top of a bomb sniffing robot and send it in.

KRonn

Some of the stories coming out of this are heart breaking. Kids killed or badly wounded, so many killed. One teen talked of tripping over a couple of bodies on his way out. Another teen said she saw a young girl stagger out with several wounds, and she thought the kid was dying right there.

There is nothing nasty enough that can be done to that little puke shooter. What a sick piece of human garbage he is. Kind of glad they took him alive, so he can suffer with what he's done. Because after the adrenaline wears off he's going to realize what a monster he is. And if he does feel he's too cool or heroic to have feeling for what he did, oh well, he'll be locked up for the rest of his life and can stew on being a prisoner, often in solitaire.

DGuller

They probably pumped his head full of bullets in the second month of basic training.  He didn't get the hint when they locked him away in a room and pumped it full of tear gas.

DGuller

Quote from: Fate on July 20, 2012, 07:12:48 PM
Quote from: stjaba on July 20, 2012, 07:11:34 PM
I've seen some idiots post on facebook that the massacre would have been stopped if a member of the audience had a gun.

I gotta say I disagree. I would bet my money on the individual wearing body armor, armed with an assault rifle, and wearing a gas mask after having fired tear gas.

But they've all had 100 hours of practice on Call of Duty.  :lol:

My roommate owns a tricked out AR-15. What the hell is the point of that gun except for fighting an armed insurrection against the government or committing mass murder?
Realistically speaking, though, my guess is that AR-15s don't cause nearly as many senseless deaths as handguns.  Handguns may not bag as high a count when you decide to go on a rampage, but all those 7-11 clerks add up.  I imagine a big-ass gun is not nearly as useful when you want to stick up a place.