News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What household chores do you do?

Started by merithyn, July 19, 2012, 01:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a regular basis, what chores do you do around the house?

Dishes
Laundry
Sweeping
Dusting
Picking Up
None - that's wimmen's work.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 19, 2012, 06:40:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2012, 06:35:25 PM
Y'all use a service or hire independent housekeepers? I use a service so I don't get stuck with the one from Family Guy.

LOLZ Lemon Pledge.

That and see my DVD collection slowly shrink each week.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on July 19, 2012, 06:40:31 PM
Y'all use a service or hire independent housekeepers? I use a service so I don't get stuck with the one from Family Guy.

LOLZ Lemon Pledge.
that's my aunt, basically :blush: :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

I've known her for years, she used to be a waitress around the corner at the Don Pablo's I used to hang out at, and she'd do places part time;  she used to do it on her own until she got enough clients to do quit tables.  It's her, her cousin and her sister-in-law;  she doesn't use people outside the family.

Very sweet girl;  does more than those other services do, for cheaper.  Does the laundry, dishes, switches out my bedsheets. She even takes care of my cat and my mail when I'm out of town.  She's a good girl.

OH MEESTER JAUN JOO NEED TO QUIT SMOKING EES SO BAD FOR JOO

Caliga

I do cooking, laundry, vacuuming, pretty much all the yardwork (I do pay a guy to mow), and typical handyman stuff.  Princesca does the dishes, pays all the bills, and takes care of the groceries (orders them and picks them up).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I enjoy cutting the grass. On my mower, I AM MASTER OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD.

Caliga

Buying a ZTR is on my to-do list.  I just need to figure out if I can fit it in the garage (which means getting rid of or rearranging a ton of shit) or, failing that, I'll need to build a shed.

Ed Anger

Home Depot has good ones for ~3K and they'll even send the monkeys out to build it. Just double check their work.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2012, 07:03:01 PM
Home Depot has good ones for ~3K and they'll even send the monkeys out to build it. Just double check their work.
Yeah I know.  I was originally going to get a lawn tractor but my dad kept telling me "LOL no U can get a ZTR for the same price!!!!!!!!!11111111"  For some reason I was thinking ZTRs started in like the $6K range. :hmm:

KRonn

I do all of the chores listed, plus cooking and lawn/garden work. I own my own home, and it's just me.  :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2012, 06:14:54 PM
While we're talking about long-departed members, whatever happened to Monkeybutt?  And Camper?  And Pirate Scum?

The last two were really interesting guys.

I'm just glad that Eddie Teach guy's gone. :thumbsdown:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 19, 2012, 09:36:30 PM
I'm just glad that Eddie Teach guy's gone. :thumbsdown:

No shit.  Douchebag with legs, that one.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on July 19, 2012, 08:34:03 PM
I do all of the chores listed, plus cooking and lawn/garden work. I own my own home, and it's just me.  :)

:thumbsup:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

I do it all. My dad does it all. He and my mum did it all together when she was alive. Every Saturday morning the house was cleaned top to bottoms and the laundry done (down the road at the laundrette). My main chores at home were dusting, watering the plants and ironing.

When I was married we had a Polish cleaner.

My least favourite chore and one that would lend itself better to the stronger sex is vacuuming. Why isn't that on the list? Because the UK is the only nation filthy enough to have wall-to-wall fabric on the floor?

Bathroom cleaning isn't up there either, which is one of the ickiest but my favourite for effort to reward ratio.

Edit: Actually laundry is my favourite. Virtually no effort (sort, put in washer, leave, hang up to dry) and your clothes are clean and your house smells nice.

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on July 20, 2012, 08:14:45 AM
My least favourite chore and one that would lend itself better to the stronger sex is vacuuming. Why isn't that on the list? Because the UK is the only nation filthy enough to have wall-to-wall fabric on the floor?

Meri is a peasant and went with sweeping. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney