News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What household chores do you do?

Started by merithyn, July 19, 2012, 01:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a regular basis, what chores do you do around the house?

Dishes
Laundry
Sweeping
Dusting
Picking Up
None - that's wimmen's work.

Berkut

She didn't even comment on my post at all. I guess she is just looking for things to be pissed off about, and since I am the near-model husband, my posts are boring.

:sad:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on July 19, 2012, 03:53:21 PM
She didn't even comment on my post at all. I guess she is just looking for things to be pissed off about, and since I am the near-model husband, my posts are boring.

Are you her body? No? Then what do you expect?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Ps i do all the chores becasue i live alone lol. I even clean the toliet, Meri :D . Growing up as an only child i did a lot chores at home. All of them on the list except for laundry, which i hated then and i hate now :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

All these guys whining that Meri doesn't pay attention to them, you can see why she puts up with this place.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 19, 2012, 03:56:37 PM
All these guys whining that Meri doesn't pay attention to them, you can see why she puts up with this place.  :lol:
Every man craves female attention, and there's only so much female attention here to go around :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

The two biggest babies whining  are married.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Women should be forced to sign a contract of wifely duties.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/sicko-marriage-contract-one-ages

With extra beatings for whining about the toilet seat being up. YOUR ARMS AREN'T BROKEN BITCH.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Monoriu on July 19, 2012, 03:47:51 PM
I do dishes, laundry, take the trash out, all the bills and everything financial, stocking, mailing, magazine management (that includes purchase and throwing them out), organising.  We hire two cleaning ladies to do the cleaning, vacuum, ironing, toilets, etc.

How many magazines do you go through to make that a separate entry on a chores list?

Ed Anger

merithyn

Quote from: Berkut on July 19, 2012, 03:53:21 PM

Well, to be honest, Berkie, your post didn't surprise me. So, while I read it, I mentally went, "Of course, because Berkut is the most awesomest guy alive other than Max," and moved on. I'm sorry. I should have given you the kudos you very richly deserve. :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2012, 03:48:51 PM
I cannot even get a response from Meri anymore. Either she has gotten immune, or I need to crank the misogyny to ELEVEN.

I'm sorry. Did someone say something? :unsure:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2012, 03:45:42 PM

You're free to have a frank discussion with your partner if you think they're not pulling their weight.  But your partner is an adult, and has to live in the same house you do.  So if you mutually decide that your partner is going to do the dishes, and you don't like how he just lets them pile up until the end of day before doing them... well I suggest you re-consider your division of labour, or you learn to accept how he does them.

Sorry. That's what I meant by "calling him on it". I do NOT nitpick on the chore front, and in fact, often check in to make sure I'm not too nitpicky about anything with the family. As I said, I was raised with a mother who was (and is) ridiculous about this, and I'm incredibly sensitive to the fact that I do NOT want to be like her.

So yes, you are absolutely correct, so long as both people are being adult about it.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 04:09:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2012, 03:48:51 PM
I cannot even get a response from Meri anymore. Either she has gotten immune, or I need to crank the misogyny to ELEVEN.

I'm sorry. Did someone say something? :unsure:

I really wish that Ed character would start posting again. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger