News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What household chores do you do?

Started by merithyn, July 19, 2012, 01:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a regular basis, what chores do you do around the house?

Dishes
Laundry
Sweeping
Dusting
Picking Up
None - that's wimmen's work.

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2012, 03:16:07 PM
Well I think that advice is for adults, not children, but I stand by it.  If you don't like the clothes being balled up and shoved in a corner, but your partner thinks thats just fine, well perhaps you had better be doing the laundry.

Sure, that's fair.  :rolleyes:

Because I have a modicum standard of cleanliness, I should do it all, even though I'm the one that goes to work while everyone else is home all day. I'm not saying that every fold in my underwear has to be just right; I'm saying to do the chore at a reasonable level of competence.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 03:13:40 PM
Cleaning the toilet involves making sure the OUTSIDE is as clean as the INSIDE.

:x
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: Maximus on July 19, 2012, 03:20:05 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 19, 2012, 01:15:17 PM
partly because the kids will mess everything up 2 seconds later.

So this. That may be why it doesn't feel fulfilling too.
no! Max stay out of these trap threads!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on July 19, 2012, 01:39:13 PM
Oh, I prefer a nice, clean house.  It just doesn't feel natural for me to clean it.  I do it, but I sort of feel lost doing it.

I think I understand. It's all the minutiae. There's always something missed. If there's a methodical way of cleaning a house I've never encountered it.

merithyn

Quote from: Maximus on July 19, 2012, 03:28:46 PM
Oh, I prefer a nice, clean house.  It just doesn't feel natural for me to clean it.  I do it, but I sort of feel lost doing it.

I think I understand. It's all the minutiae. There's always something missed. If there's a methodical way of cleaning a house I've never encountered it.

I can teach you. :)

Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2012, 03:24:41 PM

:P

It's not a trap for him. I already know what he does and doesn't do around the house. :contract:

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 03:21:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2012, 03:16:07 PM
Well I think that advice is for adults, not children, but I stand by it.  If you don't like the clothes being balled up and shoved in a corner, but your partner thinks thats just fine, well perhaps you had better be doing the laundry.

Sure, that's fair.  :rolleyes:

Because I have a modicum standard of cleanliness, I should do it all, even though I'm the one that goes to work while everyone else is home all day. I'm not saying that every fold in my underwear has to be just right; I'm saying to do the chore at a reasonable level of competence.

Again, are we talking about adults, or children?  As a mom, yes you can say "this isn't good enough".

As a wife, I'd recommend against it.   :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Wimmins work.

Also, I'm with Spicy on Thanksgiving. My job is to watch football and steal deviled eggs from the fridge.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Maximus on July 19, 2012, 03:28:46 PM

lock the kids and or pets outside :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 03:31:17 PM

Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2012, 03:24:41 PM

:P

It's not a trap for him. I already know what he does and doesn't do around the house. :contract:
But we can be say mysogenist things , both actual and to get a rise out of you :D, and be safe, but mess up and max is back in Canada...or at least in the dog house :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 03:13:40 PM
You know, there's a limit to that.

I meant if you are very particular and everything just must be made from scratch or ever shirt must be starched like so.  Not doing the chore period or making some minor adjustment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2012, 03:32:30 PM

Again, are we talking about adults, or children?  As a mom, yes you can say "this isn't good enough".

I was just smart enough to marry a man the second time around who doesn't act like a child. There are, however, plenty of men who do just that so that they're not asked to help again. And yeah, that pissed me off when my ex pulled that shit, and yeah, I called him on it.

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 03:41:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2012, 03:32:30 PM

I was just smart enough to marry a man the second time around who doesn't act like a child. There are, however, plenty of men who do just that so that they're not asked to help again. And yeah, that pissed me off when my ex pulled that shit, and yeah, I called him on it.

You're free to have a frank discussion with your partner if you think they're not pulling their weight.  But your partner is an adult, and has to live in the same house you do.  So if you mutually decide that your partner is going to do the dishes, and you don't like how he just lets them pile up until the end of day before doing them... well I suggest you re-consider your division of labour, or you learn to accept how he does them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

I do dishes, laundry, take the trash out, all the bills and everything financial, stocking, mailing, magazine management (that includes purchase and throwing them out), organising.  We hire two cleaning ladies to do the cleaning, vacuum, ironing, toilets, etc. 

Ed Anger

I cannot even get a response from Meri anymore. Either she has gotten immune, or I need to crank the misogyny to ELEVEN.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

In related news, the woman who cleans my place will spend all August back home in Romania, which means I have to do all the chores for a month.  :cry:
Luckily it seems I'll spend some time working in Madrid, so the hotel staff should shoulder most of the burden. :P