The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Doesn't seem like Chris Christie is going to stick around in New Jersey for long.  Giving a speech in front of national convention, which I'm sure must include all the usual infuriating Republican half-truths and full-lies, will really aggravate the centrists in New Jersey.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 09:28:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 09:26:27 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 09:20:42 AM
Just announced:  Chris Christie will be the keynote prime time speaker at the GOP convention.

Not just announced as I saw that in the elevator at 9 this morning.

Just announced TODAY.  You evil bitch.

Sorry, I just remember as I almost vomited on my shoes. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 14, 2012, 09:42:12 AM
Doesn't seem like Chris Christie is going to stick around in New Jersey for long.  Giving a speech in front of national convention, which I'm sure must include all the usual infuriating Republican half-truths and full-lies, will really aggravate the centrists in New Jersey.

Yeah they said he'd be presenting about how important/correct the Republican agenda is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on August 14, 2012, 09:42:12 AM

That is the thing with blue state republicans. You can never be sure when they will go full conservitard on you. Mitt Romney is exhibit a.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 09:47:33 AM
Yeah they said he'd be presenting about how important/correct the Republican agenda is.

I'm curious as to how long it'll take before he calls someone "numbnuts".  I predict by the 6th minute.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 10:50:59 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 09:47:33 AM

I'm curious as to how long it'll take before he calls someone "numbnuts".  I predict by the 6th minute.

I wonder if he will find a way to do the speech in a question and answer format with the most hapless New Jersey reporters.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 14, 2012, 11:09:32 AM
Sarah Palin: Not speaking.

Smart move.

I was really hoping that Mittens, unable to control even his own campaign, would've carried the theme over to the GOP convention and let it turn into a Tea Party monkey shit fight at the zoo, but alas, it seems like they're going to stick to a specific script.  I suppose that can be attributed more to the RNC than any of the retards in the Mittens campaign, though.

alfred russel

I wonder if the southern wing of the party is going to be upset. A candidate from Massachusetts, a VP from Wisconsin, a keynote speaker from New Jersey. No cultural warriors among them.

Romney will probably get away with it because the southern delegation really hates Obama.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on August 14, 2012, 11:44:42 AM
I wonder if the southern wing of the party is going to be upset. A candidate from Massachusetts, a VP from Wisconsin, a keynote speaker from New Jersey. No cultural warriors among them.

Romney will probably get away with it because the southern delegation really hates Obama.

Plus all the megachurch hairdos have already gone on record stating it's more important to oust Obama.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 11:28:35 AM

Smart move.

I was really hoping that Mittens, unable to control even his own campaign, would've carried the theme over to the GOP convention and let it turn into a Tea Party monkey shit fight at the zoo, but alas, it seems like they're going to stick to a specific script.  I suppose that can be attributed more to the RNC than any of the retards in the Mittens campaign, though.

I don't think they are even letting Ron Paul speak.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on August 14, 2012, 11:44:42 AM

The Religious Right believes God wants low taxes for the rich. People who are social conservatives but economic liberals already vote Democrat. So little effect.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2012, 03:51:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 11:28:35 AM

Smart move.

I don't think they are even letting Ron Paul speak.

I thought he never conceded precisely so he had to be allowed on the floor?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on August 14, 2012, 04:57:43 PM
I thought he never conceded precisely so he had to be allowed on the floor?

Never heard of this rule before.