The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Question to Yanks: is there a group of US voters (and if so, how big) who would go to vote for Romney (but would have otherwise stayed home/vote differently) solely to put Obama out of power because he is black or "secretly Muslim" (read: he is black) or "not really born on the US soil" (read: he is black)?

citizen k

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2012, 01:11:41 AM
Question to Yanks: is there a group of US voters (and if so, how big) who would go to vote for Romney (but would have otherwise stayed home/vote differently) solely to put Obama out of power because he is black or "secretly Muslim" (read: he is black) or "not really born on the US soil" (read: he is black)?

Of course there are.  But it's not like it's because he's black or anything, because that would be racist, and that would never be the case because Berkut says so.

Fun fact: the Public Religion Research Institute released a poll in the spring showing that more Americans believe Obama's a Muslim now than they did 4 years ago.  Imagine that.

CountDeMoney

Apparently the news is that Pawltenty and Portman were informed by Mittens' son, Tag, that they didn't make the veep selection.  That's pretty fucked up, Mittens.  They've been shilling for you on the campaign trail for months now, and you have your son do it?  Can't even make the phone call yourself?

Too funny.  Yeah, that's a CEO for you.

Eddie Teach

Of course there is, there's gonna be over a hundred million votes cast. It's not really big enough to be worth mentioning though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 06:48:45 AM
Apparently the news is that Pawltenty and Portman were informed by Mittens' son, Tag, that they didn't make the veep selection.  That's pretty fucked up, Mittens.  They've been shilling for you on the campaign trail for months now, and you have your son do it?  Can't even make the phone call yourself?

You'll whine about anything, won't you?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Thanks, Marti, we really needed you to trigger Seedy. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Oh, please.  If Marti wouldn't have done it, a gust of wind would've.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on August 14, 2012, 12:39:23 AM
I dunno.  Ryan to me has a very Jack Kemp feel about him as Veep.

He's a long-time politician, connected to right-wing economic policies.  And I liked Jack Kep - a fair bit.  He's selected by a more centrist presidential candidate to prove his right-wing credentials.

But Jack Kemp didn't win Bob Dole the Whitehouse. 

Dole didn't do his diligence.  Problem with Kemp was always low completion perecentage.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 14, 2012, 08:37:28 AM
Oh, please.  If Marti wouldn't have done it, a gust of wind would've.

Yes, but Marti targeting in on Seedy's sorest spot.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 08:18:28 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 06:48:45 AM

You'll whine about anything, won't you?

What, you didn't think that was poor form?  One of the Mittens from Brazil makes the phone call on something as important as saying you're not on the ticket?  That didn't strike you as weird?

Just further proof of the fact that the more people get to know or work with Mittens, the more they find him an immensely unlikeable Richie Rich douche.

I hope Pawlenty told the kid to fuck off.

garbon

I don't think it is a big deal. And proof would be that they complained not that you complained for them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 09:07:07 AM
I don't think it is a big deal. And proof would be that they complained not that you complained for them.

I don't think they'd complain about it in public.  We'll hear it through the grapevine.

Just announced:  Chris Christie will be the keynote prime time speaker at the GOP convention.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 09:20:42 AM
Just announced:  Chris Christie will be the keynote prime time speaker at the GOP convention.

Not just announced as I saw that in the elevator at 9 this morning.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 09:26:27 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2012, 09:20:42 AM

Not just announced as I saw that in the elevator at 9 this morning.

Just announced TODAY.  You evil bitch.