The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2012, 12:11:24 PM
And of course since this is Languish, Biden's latest gaffe yesterday was not mentioned here. 

I don't know what Languish has to do with it, not caring about Biden's latest gaffe is a nearly universal trait.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on August 15, 2012, 12:19:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2012, 12:11:24 PM
And of course since this is Languish, Biden's latest gaffe yesterday was not mentioned here. 

Jesus, Spicey, get on a plane to Vancouver for the Languish Butthurt Convention.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

The handgun is to shoot CC's knees out so we can see how tall he is in a wheelchair?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Apparently I missed some shit while I was on mini-vacation in the middle of nowhere with no internet access.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

garbon

Not sure how I feel about this. He acts like a dumb-ass and it is good she calls him out on it but I can't help but feeling that she seems to be berating him quite a bit as well.

http://www.upworthy.com/cnn-actually-fact-checks-a-politician-hilarity-ensues
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 15, 2012, 12:29:42 PM
The handgun is to shoot CC's knees out so we can see how tall he is in a wheelchair?

No, its so PDH wouldnt feel inadequate.

PDH

Ha! I would feel inadequate even with a .50 cal.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Jacob

Maybe this should be in Ed's Ohio thread, but whatever: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/opinion/overt-discrimination-in-ohio.html?_r=1&smid=fb-share

Short version: Republicans are stepping up their voter suppression efforts. Pretty disgusting if you believe in democracy.

QuoteIf you live in Butler or Warren counties in the Republican-leaning suburbs of Cincinnati, you can vote for president beginning in October by going to a polling place in the evening or on weekends. Republican officials in those counties want to make it convenient for their residents to vote early and avoid long lines on Election Day.
Related in Opinion

But, if you live in Cincinnati, you're out of luck. Republicans on the county election board are planning to end early voting in the city promptly at 5 p.m., and ban it completely on weekends,

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2012, 03:45:28 PM
Maybe this should be in Ed's Ohio thread, but whatever: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/opinion/overt-discrimination-in-ohio.html?_r=1&smid=fb-share

Short version: Republicans are stepping up their voter suppression efforts. Pretty disgusting if you believe in democracy.

QuoteIf you live in Butler or Warren counties in the Republican-leaning suburbs of Cincinnati, you can vote for president beginning in October by going to a polling place in the evening or on weekends. Republican officials in those counties want to make it convenient for their residents to vote early and avoid long lines on Election Day.
Related in Opinion

But, if you live in Cincinnati, you're out of luck. Republicans on the county election board are planning to end early voting in the city promptly at 5 p.m., and ban it completely on weekends,

This would be a violation of our Charter.  What say you American law talkers.  Can they actually do this?

garbon

Well Obama's campaign is supposedly suing over the fact that military are still allowed to vote early in-person but regular citizens are not.  As to the rest, if counties are allowed to opt against extended voting hours, what's the illegal part?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 15, 2012, 03:48:56 PM
This would be a violation of our Charter.  What say you American law talkers.  Can they actually do this?
Our laws are national, so Parliament could do it.  But if the councils were in charge and did this I think they'd get destroyed at court.
Let's bomb Russia!