The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2012, 07:09:02 PM
I'm not following you.
From what I understand in areas with fewer minority voters early voting is being expanded or kept open longer while in areas with more it's being restricted. 

Regardless of the effect on party votes if that's an accurate representation then I'd say it's a form of discrimination.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2012, 07:12:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2012, 06:46:41 PM
Cincy just sucks. I wish there was a way to teleport across the river without going through the city.

Stop taking I-75 thru the city, FFS.

I-275 sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2012, 07:13:04 PM
Did you read the part of the article where it said:

QuoteThe sleazy politics behind the disparity is obvious. Hamilton County, which contains Cincinnati, is largely Democratic and voted solidly for Barack Obama in 2008. So did the other urban areas of Cleveland, Columbus and Akron, where Republicans, with the assistance of the Ohio secretary of state, Jon Husted, have already eliminated the extended hours for early voting.

I did not.  Looks like suppression to me! :cheers:

I wonder how they did that in counties where they didn't control the election commission.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2012, 07:15:50 PM
Cincy just sucks. I wish there was a way to teleport across the river without going through the city.

I-275 sucks.

Then take 71.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2012, 07:18:04 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2012, 07:15:50 PM

I-275 sucks.

Then take 71.

LET ME BITCH ABOUT CINCINNATI, OK?

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 15, 2012, 07:13:25 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2012, 07:09:02 PM
I'm not following you.
From what I understand in areas with fewer minority voters early voting is being expanded or kept open longer while in areas with more it's being restricted. 

Regardless of the effect on party votes if that's an accurate representation then I'd say it's a form of discrimination.

In Ohio, counties have traditionally set their own voting hours, and AFAIK voting hours are uniform within each county.  You guys seem to think there's some nefarious plot to limit voting hours in black neighborhoods and then have 24/7 voting in the adjacent white neighborhood.  The differences are (were?) on a county-by-county basis, with each county's board of elections setting its own voting hours.

I wasn't even aware Husted had the power to force uniformity among the counties, but apparently he can.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2012, 07:20:49 PM
LET ME BITCH ABOUT CINCINNATI, OK?

You need to specify that you're talking about the West Side when you bitch, because that's all you see when you're on 75.

Here's an illustration of the East/West side divide:

West Side:

East Side:

Ed Anger

FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE!

I still hate your city.

katmai

When best thing about your city is fictional radio station that was on tv show. :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on August 15, 2012, 07:48:50 PM
When best thing about your city is fictional radio station that was on tv show. :)

Grog not know.  When?

I always thought Frampton was English.  :blush:

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2012, 07:51:15 PM
I always thought Frampton was English.  :blush:

He is.  He ended up settling in Cincinnati, though.

katmai

Yip if you don't know I can't answer it for ya.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2012, 06:56:37 PM
With the great Ohio crisis over, attention now shifts to the lazy residents of the Keystone state. Full of Yinzers and other assorted scum.

Dude, those people are totally fucked.  Ohio and Florida don't have shit on what they've pulled in Pennsyltucky.

katmai

Yokels from Scummy southern states like Maryland shouldn't talk.