The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2012, 06:40:35 PM
I did see an interesting stat today, though:  Mittens has the lowest "approval/likeability" ratings for a presumptive nominee during the month before his party's convention since Walter Mondale in 1984.

Walter. Fucking. Mondale.

For those of you that are too young to remember the 1984 race:  that is a really, really bad statistic.
Obama's likeability and Romney's unlikeability/unknown is what is keeping the President floating above the economy and retaining a slight edge in polls. People are still giving Obama a fond benefit of a doubt. Whether that free smile card lasts until September/October is the question, and whether Romney can shift personal opinion/knowledge of him.

katmai

Rumblings saying the announcement will be tomorrow
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Phillip V

Romney will announce his running mate in 9 hours.

Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty said that he was called by Romney and not chosen. Good.

Political pundits are guessing U.S. Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.

I want David Petraeus.

alfred russel

Paul Ryan up over 90% odds on Intrade (started the day 70% lower).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on August 10, 2012, 11:16:58 PM
Romney will announce his running mate in 9 hours.

Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty said that he was called by Romney and not chosen. Good.

Political pundits are guessing U.S. Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.

I want David Petraeus.

It hurts me to see you disappointed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Glad to see the Republicans don't want the race to go on much longer either.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on August 10, 2012, 11:22:49 PM
Glad to see the Republicans don't want the race to go on much longer either.

Yeah.  I like Ryan personally, but the Dems have had a big head start dragging him through the mud. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 10, 2012, 11:54:14 PM
Yeah.  I like Ryan personally, but the Dems have had a big head start dragging him through the mud.

It's not that difficult.  He's makes it easy enough, what with being a douchebag.  Only Eric Cantor could be a bigger box of Summer's Eve squirt bottles.

Phillip V

Grinning_Colossus

That's the twerp with the deficit reduction plans that always increase the deficit, right?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on August 11, 2012, 01:22:17 AM
That's the twerp with the deficit reduction plans that always increase the deficit, right?

Yeah, pretty much.  Big fan of catastrophic austerity measures.  Because they work so well, you know.

What'll be really interesting, as the Veep nominee on the campaign, is how he's going to convince the nation's codgers and bluehairs that taking away their medicare and giving them a flat amount this-is-all-you-get-this-year-and-the-rest-of-the-costs-are-on-you-regardless-of-what-happens-to-you voucher check is going to work. 

Should be fun as balls to watch the four-pronged walkers and oxygen tanks fly at the podium.

CountDeMoney

Oooh, it's gonna be announced in Norfolk, at the USS Wisconsin, no less!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Both John Boehner's top press people, Mike Steele and Brendan Buck--who left for the campaign earlier in the week--are going to work directly for Paul Ryan, as opposed to Romney.