The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 01:47:25 AM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on August 11, 2012, 01:22:17 AM
That's the twerp with the deficit reduction plans that always increase the deficit, right?

Yeah, pretty much.  Big fan of catastrophic austerity measures.  Because they work so well, you know.

What'll be really interesting, as the Veep nominee on the campaign, is how he's going to convince the nation's codgers and bluehairs that taking away their medicare and giving them a flat amount this-is-all-you-get-this-year-and-the-rest-of-the-costs-are-on-you-regardless-of-what-happens-to-you voucher check is going to work. 

Should be fun as balls to watch the four-pronged walkers and oxygen tanks fly at the podium.

That's not fair.  They weren't real austerity measures.  Austerity measures are suppose to reduce deficit, his plan had tax cuts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on August 11, 2012, 02:28:53 AM
Seems desperation to me

I'm not sure who else he could pick.  The bigger stars in the GOP don't want to go, and even if they did they'd overshadow him.  His other choices are some governor or senator nobody knows about (and most people don't know who Paul Ryan is), or one of the losers he defeated in the Primary.  The person this benefits the most is Paul Ryan.  When Romney loses, Ryan will be in a position to run for higher office in the future, possibly even President.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2012, 02:30:05 AM
That's not fair.  They weren't real austerity measures.  Austerity measures are suppose to reduce deficit, his plan had tax cuts.

Good point.  Tax cuts and increased defense spending isn't very austere.

CountDeMoney

Too funny, Mittens walking down the gangplank of the USS Wisconsin to a movie soundtrack, about as comfortable as a nine iron.

CountDeMoney

Classic gaffe, Mittenses.

"Join me in welcoming the next president of the United States...Paul Ryan!"

Classic, Mittens.  Classic.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 08:29:14 AM
Classic gaffe, Mittenses.

"Join me in welcoming the next president of the United States...Paul Ryan!"

Classic, Mittens.  Classic.

Maybe he knows something about his health that we don't.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 01:51:14 AM
Oooh, it's gonna be announced in Norfolk, at the USS Wisconsin, no less!
That's terrible.  Abusing a dreadnought battleship the most noble of all locations, with a display of a doomed VP candidate who also has despicable views about taxation and state finances.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

I like that 16-year-old Paul Ryan found his father dead in their home; built character.

alfred russel

Quote from: Phillip V on August 11, 2012, 09:50:59 AM
I like that 16-year-old Paul Ryan found his father dead in their home; built character.

Are you buying that story at face value? Has an autopsy been done to establish there was no foul play involved?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Phillip V

Similar to how McCain subconsciously picked a young attractive female to boost his ego with praises (Palin), Romney picks a young fatherless male to serve as an adopted son?

DGuller

alfred russel

I'll give Romney one thing, for a 65 year old he looks damn good.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2012, 09:39:57 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 01:51:14 AM
Oooh, it's gonna be announced in Norfolk, at the USS Wisconsin, no less!
That's terrible.  Abusing a dreadnought battleship the most noble of all locations, with a display of a doomed VP candidate who also has despicable views about taxation and state finances.

I'm not sure what the movie soundtrack was, that was playing--wasn't Armageddon, wasn't Transformers--but it was something recent, patriotic and action-oriented, very Michael Bay-ish.  It's right *there* in my head, can't think of the movie.