The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: alfred russel on August 11, 2012, 10:12:16 AM
I'll give Romney one thing, for a 65 year old he looks damn good.
A lifetime of exercise and no alcohol or caffeine will do that to you.

But Romney looked much better at age 64. He put on some facial weight over the winter and has not yet gotten rid of it. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on August 11, 2012, 10:08:30 AM
Similar to how McCain subconsciously picked a young attractive female to boost his ego with praises (Palin), Romney picks a young fatherless male to serve as an adopted son?

Right, because he doesn't have enough of them with the WASP preparatory version of the Boys From Brazil.

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 10:16:02 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on August 11, 2012, 10:08:30 AM
Similar to how McCain subconsciously picked a young attractive female to boost his ego with praises (Palin), Romney picks a young fatherless male to serve as an adopted son?

Right, because he doesn't have enough of them with the WASP preparatory version of the Boys From Brazil.
There can never be enough. Always need moar.

The Romney sons are currently looking at Paul Ryan with great jealousy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on August 11, 2012, 10:17:13 AM
The Romney sons are currently looking at Paul Ryan with great jealousy.

You think they'll start with banging him in, Pelican Bay SP Latin Kings-style, or will they just do the hyena thing and wait for him to be separated from the pack?

FunkMonk

Interesting to see the Republicans going with a ticket with zero foreign policy experience. :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 11, 2012, 10:23:35 AM
Interesting to see the Republicans going with a ticket with zero foreign policy experience. :hmm:

Hey, they did it in front of a battleship.  That'll be enough for FOX.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 10:26:00 AM

Hey, they did it in front of a battleship.  That'll be enough for FOX.

This pretty much seals it for me. Looks like I'll be voting Obama again.

Phillip V

And no military veterans on both the Democratic and Republican tickets. :(

Kleves

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 10:14:03 AM
I'm not sure what the movie soundtrack was, that was playing--wasn't Armageddon, wasn't Transformers--but it was something recent, patriotic and action-oriented, very Michael Bay-ish.  It's right *there* in my head, can't think of the movie.
Air Force One. :smarty:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on August 11, 2012, 10:36:54 AM

Different generations coming into play.  Mittens is the last of the generation of elitist Vietnam draft dodgers, Biden got his deferments and got bounced from the draft with asthma issues, Obama was too young for Vietnam, too old for Desert Storm, and Ryan...well, he went to college.

Don't worry, the next generation of ex-servicemen from Iraq and Afghanistan will be joining the political process;  some already have for mixed results.  Would be interesting to see how things look another 12-16 years down the road.  I have a feeling a lot of vets from these two wars will have a significantly interesting opinion on foreign policy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on August 11, 2012, 10:45:37 AM
I'm not sure what the movie soundtrack was, that was playing--wasn't Armageddon, wasn't Transformers--but it was something recent, patriotic and action-oriented, very Michael Bay-ish.  It's right *there* in my head, can't think of the movie.

Fuck, you are so right.  It was right *there*, man!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Phillip V on August 11, 2012, 10:36:54 AM

As seedy alluded to, our time will come.  :hug:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 11, 2012, 10:47:41 AM
Quote from: Kleves on August 11, 2012, 10:45:37 AM

Fuck, you are so right.  It was right *there*, man!

Recent?  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Sheilbh

Weird that Obama's the only Protestant on either ticket. With the Supreme Court, a definite end to WASP America.
Let's bomb Russia!