The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: dps on August 09, 2012, 11:14:33 PM
And I certainly don't see the idea of pardoning Pollard to be a right-wing issue.  I hate to put it this way, but essentially it's not a left-wing issue or a right-wing issue, it's a Jewish issue.
The Jewish issues tend to be hard-right issues, which I find personally disappointing.  While there are a lot of left-wing Jews, they tend to not be organized as a recognizable Jewish force.

Kleves

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2012, 10:53:14 PM
He hasn't demonstrated any spine yet on any other policy issue his handlers have demanded.
Sometimes politicians say things they have no intention of following through on. See: Obama, 2008.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2012, 01:11:01 AM
In fact, if you look at his record as the governor of Massachussets, he is the exact opposite of what you claim.

Really, we wouldn't know;  he refuses to run on his record, or even talk about it.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2012, 08:44:19 AM
In fact, if you look at his record as the governor of Massachussets, he is the exact opposite of what you claim.

Really, we wouldn't know;  he refuses to run on his record, or even talk about it.

And if Romney doesn't tell us, we don't know what he did as governor? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2012, 09:14:33 AM

Nobody wants to believe the Boston Globe.  That's the Lamestream Media.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2012, 09:15:42 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2012, 09:14:33 AM

Nobody wants to believe the Boston Globe.  That's the Lamestream Media.

I don't even know what you are trying to say here.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2012, 09:18:22 AM
I don't even know what you are trying to say here.

If the candidate and his campaign isn't going to tell us about his record in Massachusetts, who else can we rely upon?  You sure as shit aren't going to listen to the Boston Globe, right?

garbon

Who is "you"? Me?

I don't think the Boston Globe is the only news source that had articles about Romney as governor.

Lastly, what do you care about records? Didn't you vote for Obama in '08?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2012, 09:24:13 AM
Who is "you"? Me?

Yeah, you.

QuoteLastly, what do you care about records? Didn't you vote for Obama in '08?

Because it's part of the democratic process.  Why wouldn't he run on his record in Massachusetts, as a demonstration of his experience in pragmatism and bipartisanship?  Hell, if I lived in Boston at the time, I probably would've voted for him myself.

derspiess

Unlike Obama, who...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2012, 09:28:50 AM
Yeah, you.

Why couldn't I look at the Boston Globe? I mean I did when I lived in that state. :huh:

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2012, 09:28:50 AM
Because it's part of the democratic process.  Why wouldn't he run on his record in Massachusetts, as a demonstration of his experience in pragmatism and bipartisanship?  Hell, if I lived in Boston at the time, I probably would've voted for him myself.

I'm not sure if you are being serious. If he ran on what he did in Massachusetts, he would never have gotten his party's nomination and he'd do poorly in the general.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 10, 2012, 09:36:57 AM

Unlike Obama, who...

Indeed. Didn't have a record and then made tons of promises that he never intended to keep.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2012, 09:37:01 AM
If he ran on what he did in Massachusetts, he would never have gotten his party's nomination and he'd do poorly in the general.

Then that's the real shame, isn't it?  Instead of being a moderate, he'd rather be an empty suit willing to toss years of moderate convictions aside.

Valmy

Quote from: Kleves on August 10, 2012, 08:41:31 AM
Sometimes politicians say things they have no intention of following through on. See: Obama, 2008.

Shock and, indeed, horror.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2012, 09:39:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2012, 09:37:01 AM
If he ran on what he did in Massachusetts, he would never have gotten his party's nomination and he'd do poorly in the general.

Then that's the real shame, isn't it?  Instead of being a moderate, he'd rather be an empty suit willing to toss years of moderate convictions aside.

No, I don't think it is a shame (beyond the fact that political campaigns are about pandering). Political campaigns are all about getting votes. Then once in place Pols do whatever they were going to do with no credence to campaign posturing. As the refrain goes - See Obama.